Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

96 vs ute central locking issue

Nzcommyguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs ute
Hey guys

So I just got my hands on a 96 vs ute and I've discovered that my key fob nor key works for the door locks, the key works in the ignition and the fob will turn off the immobilizer but doesnt work for central locking any thoughts on what could cause this (I've bought and paired a second fob and the same issue occurs)

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Check fuses, I don't know offhand which one is for central locking. When you pull up or push down the snib on the driver door, does it it lock/unlock the left door? Second guess is the actuator in the driver door. Otherwise door wiring loom is broken from being opened thousands of times.

Nzcommyguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs ute
Check fuses, I don't know offhand which one is for central locking. When you pull up or push down the snib on the driver door, does it it lock/unlock the left door? Second guess is the actuator in the driver door. Otherwise door wiring loom is broken from being opened thousands of times.
Hey I've checked all the fuses they are all fine, when I push down or pull up the drivers side lock there is nothing on the passenger's side I guess it might be a wiring issue then?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
better pull of the door trims to see if it has central locking

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
As above maybe check if s pack or povo pack

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
better pull of the door trims to see if has central locking
If it has keyhole on left door, then no central locking. Series 2 had central locking, series 1 it was optional on ute. So 96 build could be either.

Nzcommyguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs ute
If it has keyhole on left door, then no central locking. Series 2 had central locking, series 1 it was optional on ute. So 96 build could be either.
this thank you so turns out no central locking at all better get a key cut for the doors

thanks for the help guys