Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Took her out for the first time in awhile. she still makes my heart race a million miles an hour. Unfortunately the battery has become a bit tired in its old age and I wasn't able to get it started at the supercheap car park - there was a staff member on his day off who could see I was in trouble and ran in and got me a jumper kit and got me started again = absolute legend.

that battery dates back to when I got the hidden wiring job which I think was 2015. I gotta pull it out of the battery box in the boot to see what I'm working with, not sure what brands in it currently but ill measure up and might go down the Optima path. also The race coolant did a great job as it was a warm day today only hit thermos at stop lights. plenty of people gawking at it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Pics or it didn't happen...

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got around to having a look at the battery - ahh stupid young Jecs wanting to stick it in the boot.. had to move the sub and amp out the way just to get to it..

Always hated where its mounted. I originally asked him to mount it next to the CD stacker but it end up back there. never knew why but after looking, I think the battery box would have fouled on the boot arms when closing the boot (maybe)

I can't say I've ever seen a dual terminal battery like this before - I might scratch the Optima battery idea and stick to the AC Delco path

Anyone know the difference between this battery and the bigger CCA on the list? should I stick with the part number I've got or?

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_E5849.JPG

ACDELCO.JPG

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Optima do make them, look up their marine range, blue top. Most of what I've seen are less AH than what you have thou.

The HCM31 may be too high for your box, 10mm taller, width 15mm wider, look like it'll fit.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so the Optimas are close to double the price over the AC Delcos. Not a fan of Century batteries lifespan with the ones I've had, so Delco it is!

This is the battery box I have, their website says;

Projecta Battery Box - H: 200mm - W: 190mm - L: 330mm
My current battery is - H: 225mm - W: 172mm - L: 305mm
and that bigger AC Delco I wouldnt mind is - H: 234mm - W: 172mm - L: 330mm

from the other pics you can see the wires and breakers at the top of the box, so unsure if that 10mm is the breaking point of the terminals touching it.

I sent Projecta an email asking what the maximum dimension it can fit internally and they just replied the above measurement which I know it fits bigger batteries so they were zero help.

bpe330.tag.0.png

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can you remove the battery box and take it to the battery shop to see if the bigger battery actually fits ?