Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

shwarno

Shwarnostics!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydepo.piczo.com
Members Ride
VS Ute S-PACK V6
Tuff Az

hey that thing looks sicK deffenetly a tuff ride its better then all the commodores out there driving around with "rick kelly's" racing wing. neat.low and loud thats ur car in three words and about the high flow cats u mentioned i had one in my ute 2.5" on my v6 ecotec and i blew it on a dyno run and mines only 150rwkw. cheers mate update with pics when u've got some :thumbsup:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I think i saw your car today, were you at the burwood highway/stud road intersection this morning around... i spose it was after 11. I didnt recognise the car but im pretty sure the plates were SHYGMH, didnt get a real good look as i was turning right.

**EDIT** just saw your from Geelong... i doubt it was you then... mustve misread the plates.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
hey that thing looks sicK deffenetly a tuff ride its better then all the commodores out there driving around with "rick kelly's" racing wing. neat.low and loud thats ur car in three words and about the high flow cats u mentioned i had one in my ute 2.5" on my v6 ecotec and i blew it on a dyno run and mines only 150rwkw. cheers mate update with pics when u've got some :thumbsup:

i know what you mean. i hate these VY kitted, 16" chrome riding, sittin higher than a 4wd VS's gettin around. id rather just lower it and put acclaim hub caps on. 150 rwkw ecotec is very impressive! the amount of money you spend gettin high flows your better off puttin a straight through pipe in the standard one.

I think i saw your car today, were you at the burwood highway/stud road intersection this morning around... i spose it was after 11. I didnt recognise the car but im pretty sure the plates were SHYGMH, didnt get a real good look as i was turning right.

**EDIT** just saw your from Geelong... i doubt it was you then... mustve misread the plates.

lol unless someone put holes in my floor pan like the flintstones, cause my car has no engine in it :whistling

Last edited:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Engine is looking very nice mate!!

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
How come your dyno readout only says 177rwhp...thats not 150rwkw...Also, the sheet dosnt even say what car or anything, could be anyones you've found lol.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
anyone no what the go is with re-stampin an engine? the engine builders grounded the orginal one off.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Why on earth did they do that??

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol. ive been through alot of springs (thank you repco and your staff prices :whistling) but always wanted to go lower. the car doesnt see the roads everyday so id rather it have a tuff stance. plus i live in geelong, home to cut springs. yeah, i said no to high flow cats when my mate blew out boths of his on a stock 5lt (not even 6 months old). plus i couldnt justify the price for them. plus im a tight ass.

If he blew out cats then they were obviously blocked to begin with. No way in hell a stock 165 kw 5.0 litre will do anything to a set of steel 3" cats.
I suppose if you get emission tested you will be happy to pay the upward 100k fine and 2 year jail time? Hardly worth the $600 you would pay for 2 very good cats.
As for the cut springs....put Airbags in for the love of god. I do not really want to hear about a statesman hitting a tree at 100 km/h because a rear spring shattered due to dodgy workmanship.

Car is looking good though, you just need to unhitch that invisible caravan your towing.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
anyone no what the go is with re-stampin an engine? the engine builders grounded the orginal one off.

Isn't that illegal in a road registered car lol?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
But i gotta say, the invisible caravan look on the good ol' VS style stato's makes the rear end's look tough. They look awesome sitting low. Give them a mean stance. Mister plod in my area doesn't seem to like them though i tell ya.