Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Differently get a bolt in kit , don't go for the drop in kit . And also bags feel nothing like springs , so no more going around round abouts and such really fast or you will feel like a boat attempting drifting

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
definently dont go the same kit as mine way to slow, but handling around corners etc is sweet but when slammed. ie. same height as yours is now it is the shitest ride ever, ide be goin for a kit like mazz's for sure same sought of price range aswell i think

fallen1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden VS Statesman
best looking statesman ive seen so far... this is how i want mine. but i dunno what wheels to put on it. i was thinking ceptors but i dont wanna be pulled over by every cop in melbourne thinkin its a sideways car.

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
get slam special bags 7"
a big tank (5gal)
big compressor around 480
1/2 lines (goes up down quick like mine and if its too quick you can always get slow downs)
a slab and a weekend.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
If you want to go lower than you already are, then definately don't go 'drop in' bags, with the mounts they have on them it makes it like 1/2" to an inch higher than bolt in jobbies.

I'm guessing with out getting 'funky' - with some custom control arms, you won't be getting much lower than the spring out, sitting on the metal hump (bit that the rubber bumpstops to sit over). Even though you cut them out, with the bag inplace it'd be similar height? (Maybe a lil lower?)

Although, you could recess them into the control arm a bit, but I'm not sure on the legalites with chopping them up...? Or even recess them into the floor a bit! :eek: If you know an engineer, pick his brains!

Not sure with where you are, but engineering bags can be pretty crap. Gotta still have 100mm ground clearance, with bumpstops in. Self-leveling in drive? To a programmed height? Not being able to 'use them while driving? Etc... Accuair, Dakota digital... Or If you're just going to run them til you get picked up on them, then go for it :p

Speak to DW Customs for some info, they'll be able to help you with all the legal side of it too. Theres a few other companies doing them, but I'd steer clear of cheap crap.

And, a bit off the topic of bags, is this manifold you're getting similar/the same one you showed me in c/b? If so, ####in sweet as!! Gunna be even moaarrr of a beast ;) :D

First off, whats the difference between drop in bags and and bolt on? I don’t want to go to mental, at the end of the day i just want it to be on its balls when in park, and when drivin through the city not lookin like cop bait. As my car sits now im not happy with it, still feel its too high lol.
And the manifold you saw in cb is the one i will be purchasing. As yes it is fkn HORN.

Differently get a bolt in kit , don't go for the drop in kit . And also bags feel nothing like springs , so no more going around round abouts and such really fast or you will feel like a boat attempting drifting

Haha its funny, after i drove the maloo, id jump in shy’a and try takin corners at the same speed as maloo. Swear i nearly barrel rolled it so many times lol.

get slam special bags 7"
a big tank (5gal)
big compressor around 480
1/2 lines (goes up down quick like mine and if its too quick you can always get slow downs)
a slab and a weekend.

Mazz, hit me up with a few prices and who to go through to get the same kit as yours. everyone is pretty much sayin to leanin towards your set up

Heres a pic of the new Rebuilt VN Auto, with TCE Hi-Stall Converter.

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Sweeet Box mate....going to be sex with a high stall, ratchet shifter and all that torque.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
First off, whats the difference between drop in bags and and bolt on? I don’t want to go to mental, at the end of the day i just want it to be on its balls when in park, and when drivin through the city not lookin like cop bait. As my car sits now im not happy with it, still feel its too high lol.
And the manifold you saw in cb is the one i will be purchasing. As yes it is fkn HORN.

"Drop in" bags, are basically a direct replacement for the coil springs, they drop in over the metal bump stop hump and have a fairly thick base of them, fully deflated they are taller than a bolt in job.

Where as bolt in - (like the slam specialties) you need to cut out the bump stops/metal humps, and weld a plate in for the bag to bolt to - where the spring normally sits. -- But, you might be able to sink the bag mount into the control arm a little bit, 1/2" or 1" and that would give you even more drop.

So bolt in's = MOAAR low!

DIB2.jpg

^^^ Drop in Bag,

BAG12-01.jpg

^^^ Slam Specialties Bag..

And LOL, just L-O-L... At the "my car is still too high" bit :rofl2:

How long till it all happens?? :D

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Andrew. long time no speak, hello!

car coming along nicely (still)

hope all is well.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Andrew. long time no speak, hello!

car coming along nicely (still)

hope all is well.

doin brother? ye things are going sweet, no complaints on my side. yours?

doin a road trip this thursday :) leaving after work and drivin straight to sydney and pickin up my new manifold. prob get up to sydney round 2 in the mornin and kickin it at a motel for the night then get up in mornin and go over to the workshop and speak to the guys. and prob head back home after it. i get a chubby just thinkin bout it sittin in the back seat haha