Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
haha sorry veg, they sold within 30mins of bein advertised. lebos dont fk around when it comes to FR's LOL!!

hatch heres the plate i was talking about. plus i forgot to ad there is a gilmer pulley for the alternator. i wont be runnin the factory V belt pulley as posted in the first shots.

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

for some reason i thought my timin cover was black but its silver, so i think everything will look better against the silver.

(when i first got the engine back)

DSCN1244.jpg

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Lazy bastard. Dont even build onto a short engine. :p

Looks good!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Hmm, plate looks neat. However, i'm not sure it will work very well to be honest. Reason being (it's probably a bit hard to explain, but i'll try anyway) because that cavity behind the water pump plate will be all open, the coolant can take whatever path it likes. The factory pump fills that cavity with it's impeller, so it sucks from one side, then forces it back into the other side of the block. The coolant is obviously only supposed to flow one way. This pump has no way of doing that. Sure, it'll pump from one side then pump it back out the other side but it can't force it back into the opposite side of the block.

See, that pump is originally made for a chev, which only has an inlet and outlet at the front of the block (no big cavity like a Holden) so it works just the same as the original Chev pump, but electric.

I'll be interested to see how it goes...

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
DAMN! this is gunna be one shiny son-ofa-bitch!

and the part about lebos not ###n around with FR's got me hahaha

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Personally i woulda stuck with the fr and paint the spokes gunmetal grey or something who cares about class fr's are the best rims ever.

Shiney **** looks good

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hmm, plate looks neat. However, i'm not sure it will work very well to be honest. Reason being (it's probably a bit hard to explain, but i'll try anyway) because that cavity behind the water pump plate will be all open, the coolant can take whatever path it likes. The factory pump fills that cavity with it's impeller, so it sucks from one side, then forces it back into the other side of the block. The coolant is obviously only supposed to flow one way. This pump has no way of doing that. Sure, it'll pump from one side then pump it back out the other side but it can't force it back into the opposite side of the block.

See, that pump is originally made for a chev, which only has an inlet and outlet at the front of the block (no big cavity like a Holden) so it works just the same as the original Chev pump, but electric.

I'll be interested to see how it goes...

Should be ok if he puts a barrier in the cavity to prevent coolant going the wrong way. I think there would be minimal coolant going thru the motor otherwise.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Personally i woulda stuck with the fr and paint the spokes gunmetal grey or something who cares about class fr's are the best rims ever.

Shiney **** looks good

Shiny **** might look good but glow in the dark shits just freak me out :unsure:

Reaper

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Should be ok if he puts a barrier in the cavity to prevent coolant going the wrong way. I think there would be minimal coolant going thru the motor otherwise.

Reaper

Yeh, that would fix the problem.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
hatch, you are one switched on bloke. that never even crossed my mind!

but i totally understand what you mean and ur right. spoke to my mate before an ill get him to just weld (like reap said) a barrier on the back of that plate.

cheers for that pal