Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
I saw jamie at motorex.. just saying

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
We have a power steer pulley puller at work, if you want another pulley pulled off an fitted back on, send it to me and I'd be happy to do it for you. It's a proper tool for the job, no need to pull the pump apart at all.

well i pulled the pump off again, going to diecrest tomorrow. if they can fit it ill get them to do it, if not ill hit you up hatch.

so with my tax money ive deicided step 1 will be changing the extractors. im going to go with difillippo's simply because i love the way they look.

after that it will be straight thru cats, twin 3" offset mufflers into a single 3" with another muffler on the end. im hoping this gives it the more aggressive note im after.

and after a bit of discussing with hatch about whether i should black wrap or HPC my extractors i decided to go with shiny HPC coat.

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Will have to post up a vid of the exhaust when your done. Can't wait to eventually get difillipos for the clubby.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
I am told those extractors hang very very low and on low cars scrape really bad? What paceys do you have? As the bigger paceys give a nicer thumpier note. I to am getting a new stainless zaust made once back from USA.
Diescast will be able to do it as its a free service they offer if you purchase their kit.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am told those extractors hang very very low and on low cars scrape really bad? What paceys do you have? As the bigger paceys give a nicer thumpier note. I to am getting a new stainless zaust made once back from USA.
Diescast will be able to do it as its a free service they offer if you purchase their kit.

yeah im well aware of the hanging problem. i cant remember what issue jesses VN is in on SC mag but he had custom difillippos and theres a side of pic and shows them hanging. but at the end of the day its not a daily. if it was id steer clear because of this problem. but ive heard first hand 3 cars running them (given they were alot more worked cars) but they had the note i want.

atm im only running the normal paceys and tbh i dont have a problem with paceys. they tuck up and are a cheap good power making extractor. im not chasing power figures, shes not a power house, i just want the agressive note.

who you getting to make them? a guy at south geelong exhaust custom fab up my mates extractors and did a mako job but that guys in prison now.

oh sweet well least diecrest will fit it. im gunna call them in about 15mins

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Same guy who did the zaust on Hoodys green vk. Not sure if twins or 3inch single like i have etc. Will just upgrade paceys. Good luck with the pulley!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
called Diecrest this morning, and by 2 it was in a box at the post office on its way. hes going to rip the old on off and put a new one on. hopefully that will be it for this power steering ****.

also called difilippo, can get 1 3/4 for $995 or 1 7/8 for $1300. both those prices were uncoated. ill prob stick with the 1 3/4 as my motor doesnt need such a big pipe on it.

so ill give him a call later in the week and organise everything.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
hnnnnnnnnnng! im sleeping with these bad boys tonight

god damn they're sexy

SHYGMH-Difilippo.jpg

SHYGMH-Difilippo2.jpg

SHYGMH-Difilippo3.jpg

IMG_1773.JPG

in other news, went and got my power steering pump back. i wanted a new pulley put on but they welded a new ring on it, so ill see how it goes.

also from removing this pump a million times i carelessly stripped a thread. so helicoil FTW

IMG_1774.JPG

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yep I want them. So shiny.