Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'97 Caprice SHYGMH

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
ok i know i havent post **** since i got her back, things have been hectic as hell last couple of months, ive become an uncle and i also bought my first home!

things have changed slightly since my original goal, my main focus is getting my difillipo extractors fitted and a new system built.

im thinking either twin 3" into a single 3" or twin 2 1/2 into single 3" but something i got to talk to exhaust guy about.

i was originally going to get south geelong to build me the system but gonzo's in prison so i might go to exhaust bros as they built schmocks system on his VL and did a killer job.

but if anyones interested in paceys + twin 2 1/2" system let me know.

another teaser pic of future work. the bonnets not finished, still needs to be prep and painted. but very happy with the hole i cut, with the long trumpets everything clears opening and closing the bonnet.

was fun driving her on the street like this lol

Screenshot_2016-01-16-19-23-16-1.jpg

more photos will come of full hidden wiring job & bay

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Looks good mate, did you end up going bigger cam? The only thing that put me off the difilipo is that they hang very very low, few guys i know had them removed them because of scraping etc etc

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Hooker Mufflers Reviews

back story:

im looking at building a new system for shy'a and been looking at the Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers.

from the write up they sound like a great muffler, but wanting to know if anyone has used them and rate them.

from what i can find, alot of the ford lovers use them and recommend them highly.

21505hkr[583x].jpg

0505phr_exh_18_z.jpg

The raw aluminized steel Aero Chamber is designed to do much more than simply muffle exhaust noise. The Aero Chamber Muffler produces a deep throaty powerful sound that will not change with time. The Hooker Aero Chamber uses a unique step principal, similar to that which is currently popular in racing header design. The aerodynamically designed chambers flow 23% better and produce more horsepower and torque than the most popular high performance brand.

- Three Internal Bulk Heads for Superior Case Durability and Stability
- Stepped acceleration Chamber Increases Exhaust Gas Velocity and Maximum Flow
- Resonance Chamber and Tuning Tube Cancels Unwanted Frequencies and Amplitudes (No annoying tin can sound or drone at cruising speed)
- Sound Absorption Chamber eliminates High Frequeny Sound Waves for Deep Throaty Powerful Sound
- Aerodynamic Lens Directs Sound Pressure Waves into Acceleration Chamber and Out of Muffler
- Stainless Steel Perforated Internal Plate Eliminates Internal Rust
- Reinforced Inlets and Outlets

this thing is running the hooker mufflers from above on a straight 6, and i thought it was a windsa

this is also apparently running the mufflers also

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203568781161071

Last edited by a moderator:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
These are a very good muffler, in the right application.

"23% better and produce more horsepower and torque than the most popular high performance brand."

It will depend on the rest of the system. If you already have extractors and high flow cats then this figure won't be true. On stock headers and cats, yes, maybe, if the "most popular brand" is a restrictive Cherry Bomb, which in the US, it most likely will be.

They sound pretty good, not as loud as a straight through perforated tube style muffler. You could probably get away with straight tail pipes with two of these mufflers. The only issue I can foresee is room. The VT-VZ floor pan won't accommodate a muffler any longer than about 12", unless it's a same side offset, so fitment could be a drama.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
These are a very good muffler, in the right application.

"23% better and produce more horsepower and torque than the most popular high performance brand."

It will depend on the rest of the system. If you already have extractors and high flow cats then this figure won't be true. On stock headers and cats, yes, maybe, if the "most popular brand" is a restrictive Cherry Bomb, which in the US, it most likely will be.

They sound pretty good, not as loud as a straight through perforated tube style muffler. You could probably get away with straight tail pipes with two of these mufflers. The only issue I can foresee is room. The VT-VZ floor pan won't accommodate a muffler any longer than about 12", unless it's a same side offset, so fitment could be a drama.

what about vs statesman, seeing thats what its being built for

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I have a Hooker Aero chamber on mine (yes it fits, it's tight, but fits) and it sounds F*kn awesome!!
when we first installed it, I fired it up without the tail section and thought it had turned my engine into a big block. LOL

I HIGHLY recommend you choose this muffler. You will not regret it.

Also, they flow sufficient cfm to support 440hp. That's why I am only running the single centre muffler at the moment.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
I have installed two of these hookers on my girl friends HJ 308 tonner dumping before the diff running 4 into 1 headers 3" pipes with mandrel bends sounds awesome and very drivable without too much attention from the boys in blue and easy on the ears .