Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

97 vs berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Hey everyone so this after noon i fitted new brass battery terminals to my vs berlina i also connected the wire thats next to the abs plug to the positive battery terminal as couldnt find where it went... once connected the terminals up they were sparking violently and the engine bay was in smoke. Once i got the battery back out the negative ground wire going to the body and engine burnt through the abs wire that was on the positive terminal burnt through and a few other wires... thought i may had to take the whole loom out but ive managed to trace all the burnt wiring back.. and sorted out whats good and not but just wondering where the wire that runs out next to the abs plug where the hell it goes haha as it was to small to connect to the relay box.. thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Without photos or knowing where the wire runs we can only guess.

You'll need a multimeter to check continuity without power so you don't fry anything else.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Without photos or knowing where the wire runs we can only guess.

You'll need a multimeter to check continuity without power so you don't fry anything else.
Photos dont upload for some reason...

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Probably too large. Load onto a server eg. Dropbox, and post the links. The attached may help you:

Attachments

• VS Wiring 1-3.pdf
    275.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Probably too large. Load onto a server eg. Dropbox, and post the links. The attached may help you:
Hey mate sorry just saw this is this diagram with the abs module on? As the yellow connector wire ate through , the negative wire running from the negative terminal to the body and another wire thats not connected to the yellow connector but runs in the loom into the body its a black wire with a circle connector like you can put a bolt through it.. hopefully you get what i mean i just havent touched it for a few days now as scared myself shitless... i changed over battery terminals but think it wasnt done properly as once both terminals went on both started sparking then next second the whole car was smoking think i got an electrical shock as i had to rip the battery out while it was sparking... thanks mate..

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Did you install the battery with the terminals connected to the wrong cables?