Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

97 vs executive auto

fullyflared

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 vs executive v6
bought in i think august 08 for 3000 had 190000 on it, theres a couple of dings on it and need to replace rear bumper from previous owner apparently jack knifed a trailer...

replaced the radiator and water pump about 2 months ago, that was painful, with rego in the same week

mods - king springs lows all around
2 1/2 exhaust with y tip
k&n air filter
meshed all openings on the front
all but the holden lion badge remains after an evening with
the hairdryer

stereo - pioneer head unit 2008 model and pioneer speaker 2 front 2.9 in back

plans - rims are just out of reach getting some funds together, tint,
cai, upgrade the engine not sure about but wanna keep as
a 6 (thoughts?) hopefully then supercharge the new engine,
custom interior, some custom bodywork that im starting to
doubt but still wanna do, and something with the tail lights
not to sure yet...altezza monaro style? frost? fog?

PICS UP SOON!!!

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
sounds nice, for some reason I REALLY like stockish VS' just lowered, will be good to see some pics

as for the lights, if anything I'd say get them tinted, i reckon darker lights look better than the altezza/frosted ones, but thats all personal taste, depends on the colour of the car as well

and i cant believe the previous owner told you he jack-knifed a trailer... wouldnt you just say someone backed into it or something :p haha

fullyflared

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 vs executive v6
yeah im seriously considering tinting them, how would i go about it? i know you can get nite shades which does the trick but im a bit concerned about the legallity of it because ive got a mate whos had some trouble with his, the car is a dark blue kind of pearl, some light causes it to look black whereas other time its blue, its the original paintjob as well as far as i know