Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

97 vs supercharged. Dash a/c vents not delivering air. Has anyone had this problem?

Bovis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS SUPERCHARGED.
97 vs supercharged. Dash a/c vents not delivering air. Has anyone had this problem? vacume hoses under hood seem to be operating.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You might have a problem with your vacuum switch unit or one of the vacuum hoses may be loose or faulty. Refer to the diagram below:

1638949651445.png

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Calais? If so there is a different vacuum set up to above for climate control that is known to be problematic with age.

1639392054367.png

this sucker. Located under the stereo. PIA to get at and time consuming to remove everything to get at it, but not overly difficult to replace.

I did one last summer, and I need to another one now on a different car. RIP the skin on the back of my hands o_O

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
Recently fixed the same problem on my Berlina (runs the same unit as the Calais), by swapping it out for another second hand one. Would love to get hold of a brand new one though, but they don't seem to be available any longer. Can anyone confirm availability of new units? At one point in time they were listed on Ebay.

Last edited:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Recently fixed the same problem on my Berlina (runs the same unit as the Calais), by swapping it out for another second hand one. Would love to get hold of a brand new one though, but they don't seem to be available any longer. Can anyway confirm availability of new units? At one point in time they were listed on Ebay.
Even Amazon had a listing but all look nla now. I did the daughters Berlina last summer and I need to do the Senator now so I too would love to pick up a new one.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
"ad-87" on eBay was sourcing them from the USA Amazon site, but as they are no longer available in the states so they are not being sold here by this eBay seller. I have a brand new one in box available, but it won't be cheap as they are a NLA item and probably won't ever be reproduced.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The only (Factory Fitted) Supercharged VS vehicles were either the Calais S2 or Statesman / Caprice S2 or S3 vehicles and all those are fitted with the annoying climate control with the solenoid box which replaces the rotary dial as George has kindly put an image up on in his post.