Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

98 s1 vt problems

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
Hey guys having a few problems with my vt, where should i start? lol

no1- i'm pretty sure its my auto but everytime time it changes into 4th exactly at 70 kph theres a low humming noise, i've been driving round town in 3rd to stop it but now it's happening at around 50 kph.

no2- starting problems, sometimes it dies after like 1 sec of running or as soon as the key returns to on after ignition, then seems to be struggling getting fuel or something, doesn't happen all of the time though other times it starts with out a problem just sick of looking like a **** head in the car park lol any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Hey JaseVT

Not sure on Number 1 don't have much experience with fixing auto's

Number 2

Has to be fuel pump or something in the ignition, is it turning over and stumbling? Does in run rough once you get going?

My bet = Fuel Pump

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
nah thats the thing the problems only on start up, runs and idles fine. it's only recently started doing it. Everything sounds normal to me, not that means much lol just dies straight after start up and then its a prick to get going again when problem occurs