Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

98 VT Supercharged Calais Start/Idle/Boost Problem

noobi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Howdy people,

First post n I've searched this forum a lot for this problem.

I've had this car for 3ish months and it had this problem when a purchased it.
Note: The car will always start first time.

The problem is when the car dead cold, I will start it and it will run for about 2-3 seconds then stall. It will keep doing this unless i hold the revs for about 30 seconds, then it will idle but will idle low and rough until the car is warm.

When the car is warm or hot it will start and idle fine. If i put the car from drive to park the car will drop idle then go back to normal.

The car has new spark plugs (not sure on gap), top gun leads, doesn't show any fault codes. I've checked for vacuum leaks but couldn't find any obvious ones.

Another problem maybe related is it will only hit 2-3 psi boost. I'm not sure if the gauge is 100% correct as it is a crap one but it will sit on -20 vacuum on warm idle.

The guy i purchased the car off said there was a small hole in the supercharger gasket but I don't know if this is true but could explain the low boost and idle problem. (couldn't feel pressure blowing on my hand when i moved it around the gasket)

Just seeing if anyone has any other suggestions before i pull the supercharger off :)

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Jump onto L67.com mate,all the answers are there from dedicated Supa6 owners.

Vacuum seems fine but it should see 5-6psi.Get onto the forum and delete your boost solenoid.Theres a how to on there.

Is their a small smell of petrol at all on coldstart.Like to help more but I have to go.

Like I said,get on that site.My name is LsixT7 on their.

noobi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
that site doesnt work, is there another address?

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
nah the sites l67torque

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
the idle issues sounds similar to wat my car used to do and mine was tune related. the tuner i got didnt have a clue wat he was doing and ####ed everything. after i got a gd tuner onto it the car stopped stalling and runs perfect now

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
'APPARENTLY' if ya spray carbi cleaner, maf cleaner , around the gasket when idling if theres a hole it will suck it in and change the rev's.. 'APPARENTLY' :D

i'd check ya idle air control too, could be not working causing low idle.. but wouldnt explain the loss of boost...

zacholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore supercharged
I tryed going onto that website but it didn't work? Can anyone tell me the answer on here?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Delete your boost solinoid and check your idle sensor on the throttlebody hard to say ATM cause u havnt narrowed much down could be alot