Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 Series 1 VT Senator

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Have wanted something HSV for some time but never knew exactly what, or had the balls to sell my SS to fund getting one. Learning that Holden was closing shop, I then decided that what I wanted was a VT with the last of the 5L motors. Always loved the look of the Senators even in the earlier VR VS models, so the time eventually came to start seriously looking and this is what I ended up with as I bought it.

Model: 99 Series 1 VT Senator

Engine: Stock 195kw 5L
HSV CAI

Exhaust: HSV extractors with stock cats, twin 3 inch cat back with x pipe
twin HSV mufflers, resonator to twin stainless tips

Trans:
4 speed auto

Suspension: KYB front stock springs
Monroe rear stock springs
Urethane bushes in front lowers
Strut brace

Colour: Tungsten Mica

Wheels: 18x8

Tyres: Pirelli 235/40/18

Brakes: Standard VT front and rear with slotted rotors

Interior: Cream leather with coulson front seats
Sunroof

Sterio: Factory 2 din cassette player with 10 stacker in boot
Factory front splits, rear door speakers and 8 inch subs in parcel shelf

Other stuff: 35% tinted windows
Drivers tool kit
Spare chrome boot garnish (one fitted is bubbling)
Car bra and car cover

Attachments

• WP_20141120_004.jpg
    WP_20141120_004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 867
  • WP_20141120_003 - Copy.jpg
    WP_20141120_003 - Copy.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,226
  • WP_20141215_002.jpg
    WP_20141215_002.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It was a shame when I heard U were selling ur ss, but u've found a sweet replacement. Can't wait to see this in the flesh.

Very nice find :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Very nice I have always liked those. I think it needs the original wheels though.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
It was a shame when I heard U were selling ur ss, but u've found a sweet replacement. Can't wait to see this in the flesh.

Very nice find
Why do you think I talked about it for so long but never actually did anything about it lol. I love the SS but it was just time for a change, looked at a few s%*t boxes before found this one...and it was the closest from home that I looked at!
This thing is sooo much better to drive than the SS, I've fallen in love again.
I took a mate with me to go look at it and I really liked it straight away after driving it. When we left and were going back to my mates place he said to me he could see me driving that car and it was a worthy replacement for the SS, so after hearing that I knew I had to have it

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Very nice I have always liked those. I think it needs the original wheels though.

I think the these wheels suit the car but yeah I would have preferred the car if it had the original wheels. Have been looking online at what the original wheels on these were. Have learnt the are two different sets of wheels that came factory for the VT Senators but can't figure out if it was different for series 1 and 2 or there was an option on the wheels. These are the two types....I like them both but prefer the 1st set I think but was not able to find a decent set so went for some VF Calais V 19s instead just need some tyres then fit them

Attachments

• vt senator wheels 1.jpg
    vt senator wheels 1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 373
  • vt senator wheels 2.jpg
    vt senator wheels 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 571
  • vf calais v rims.jpg
    vf calais v rims.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 378

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Nice colour and i always liked the body kit on these. Good score with the sunroof also..

When I first started looking to buy, I didn't like the look of this colour in the photos but when I went and looked at it in person I quickly changed my mind. The car has also had a respray which helps the looks of the car...but has never been in an accident. Took it to my panel beater that sprayed my SS and he says the radiator support and front quarter panels are still original. It has had the front bar replaced by the previous owner. The bottom got caught on one of those small concrete blocks that some car parks have to stop you going forward too far. So it has a bit of a gap where the quarter panel and front spoiler meet, worse on the left hand side than the right

One of the things whatever car I bought had to have was a sunroof

Attachments

• WP_20141030_005 - Copy.jpg
    WP_20141030_005 - Copy.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 385

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I think the these wheels suit the car but yeah I would have preferred the car if it had the original wheels. Have been looking online at what the original wheels on these were. Have learnt the are two different sets of wheels that came factory for the VT Senators but can't figure out if it was different for series 1 and 2 or there was an option on the wheels. These are the two types....I like them both but prefer the 1st set I think but was not able to find a decent set so went for some VF Calais V 19s instead just need some tyres then fit them

I also have a CalaisV VF and like the wheels you have chosen. I hope you didn't pay too much for the rims because you can buy original take offs with tyres from Thompson motor group for $1750.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Nah mate got them for an awesome price, $900 no tyres but including being drilled to suit pre VE
Would rather the VE Senator wheels but for that price I couldn't pass them up, they do look similar.
Photo shopped both wheels on before I decided, looks a bit rough but you get the idea

Attachments

• trail ve wheels.jpg
    trail ve wheels.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 1,506
  • wheel trail 1.jpg
    wheel trail 1.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 475

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Mmmmmm. Nice. S1 very Calais is my favourite.