Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 Series 1 VT Senator

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
.don't know what he can do then?.

I do, throw more money at it lol. Kangavxss you have been a huge help, thanks mate. When I get the Senator back I will change the oxy sensors....after that I don't know what I can do. Only thing can think of is get a cable to log some run time on my laptop and get The1 to see if he can note anything weird in the way it runs :bomb:

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Finally got the Senator back home today, but sadly am unhappy with how the repairs turned out. The tail light and bumper fit is worse than what it was before the accident. The panel shop blamed dodgy previous repairs for things not lining up properly, obviously what damage there was before has been made worse from being reversed into. Looks like the panel shop threw it back together and then stood back with their hands in the air going 'it wasn't us'.

Got in contact with my insurance as soon as I got home, they gave no hesitation in wanting to look into the situation further and meet my satisfaction, am waiting for a return call from the assessor. Can see this being a long drawn out process....

Attachments

• WP_20151217_18_46_42_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20151217_18_46_42_Pro[1].jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 263
  • WP_20151217_18_44_55_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20151217_18_44_55_Pro[1].jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 266

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hate it when panel gaps differ or don't line up..hopefully you can get it redone..at least you got a new boot spoiler which would have cost a packet..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sorry to hear the news mate, both damage and repairs.

After Chrissy I'm coming round for a catch up

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Manager at the panel shop told me that the only way to get everything lined up properly again would be to cut out and replace the beaver panel.

Ephect you're welcome around at my place anytime

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Transmission serviced and no more slipping, so feel like had a bit of a win there. That o-ring for the filter is a real bastard but got there in the end.

Oxygen sensors replaced with no change with how the car idles when in gear, starting to really get me frustrated now. Even thought of the MAF so went down to auto 1 and got a tin of MAF cleaner (at $25 a pop!) but that didn't help either. On the plus side it starts up a whole lot better. Could do the idle relearn procedure again, doubt it will help but will probably give it a go just for the hell of it.

Had a couple of phone calls from insurance in the last couple of days, they are sending an assessor out to my place next week to go over the car with me so I can show them what I'm not happy with. Turns out the repairer, who would have known of the previous repairs early on with having the car, didn't even tell my insurance of the previous repairs that supposedly stopped them from doing what they were supposed to do properly. Hopefully it all works out and I can get the Senator repaired somewhere else because it aint going back there in a hurry.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I really hope they sort it to a better standard (and workshop) because this is a gorgeous car. I love the HSV VT shape and this car needs quality work that does it justice.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Senator went back to panel shop yesterday, hopefully this time it gets fixed properly.

Assessor came out Thursday morning and seen the car and deemed the finished result from the repairs as unacceptable. He said he would call the repair shop to notify them that further repairs needed to be done and told me to ring them in the afternoon to organise to book the Senator in again. Made the call and booked in for the next day as just wanted to get it fixed properly as soon as possible. When I took the Senator in there the guy I dealt with the first time couldn't be more apologetic about the situation and admitted he went about it in the wrong way. Fingers crossed there is no further issues this time.

So have a new set of wheels for the next week or two. Not as good as the Territory but will still get the job done, 2009 Camry Altise with just over 100,000 ks on the clock

Attachments

• WP_20160109_13_16_51_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160109_13_16_51_Pro[1].jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 202

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Well, I can gladly say that the repairs on the Senator are finally finished and to a satisfactory level. It's taken almost 3 months (since the initial incident), with 3 stays and almost 6 weeks total at the panel shop.

What an absolute screw around that was. All I can say is DO NOT use Flagstaff Auto Body Repair in Kensington. Rubbish customer service and communication with some poor quality of work thrown in.

Not going to rant and rave and bag the shyte out of them but I definitely wouldn't recommend them, they knew how unhappy I was also. The guy I had dealt with the first two times wanted nothing to do with me the third time I was there. Might have something to do with ear full I gave him after I picked up the Senator the 2nd time round and found chipped paint on the top of the quarter panel where the boot had hit it.

Anyway am glad to have the car back in the driveway and time to move on to other things, having no aircon that works can really suck sometimes lol