Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 vt calias no spark on number 1

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
hey guys just got to work and the last 5k's were a struggle!! The spark lead came off at the coil so i thought
easy fix put it back on BUT it's still coughing and running **** no acceleration!!!. So i took it back off and now
there's no spark coming out of #1. I checked all the fuses under the streering wheel and the one's in the
engine bay on the drivers side- all ok.
I have no idea why now no spark, i need to get home tonight so any advice be great!!
Thanks in advance
bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
how are you checking for spark??? if ya know how to do it properly and theres no spark i'd say ya plug/lead or coils dead :D

if it were me i'd check for spark with-
- using the no.2 spark plug with no.1 coil and no.1 lead and see if it sparks(if it dose no.1 plugs dead)
-try a different lead with no.1 plug and no.1 coil.(if sparks . leads dead)
-try swapping a coil over but using no.1 lead and plug to see if it sparks (if sparks coils dead.).

should be able to find out which one is playing up..

lopalong

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Berlina
When you say a "Struggle" I can only assume that the motor was sounding like it was trying to destroy itself?

Faulty spark plug leads (Usually caused by pulling on them when changing plugs) that have been stretched usually go open circuit and hence no spark.

Try to "Borrow" a single lead from someone to test if that's the problem - Else just get a replacement from Auto Pro etc.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
get another spark plug and plug lead one in, lefting the old spark plug in and put the plug on the motor some where so it earth and start the car. dont touch any metal tho. it if doesnt spark, put another lead onto that coil and retest.

if still no spark from another lead then its ur coil. grab one off a mate and test. if not ur dfi is gone.

my dfi mod went yeterday and 3 and 6 woodnt fire.

new dfi mod and 3 coils from wreckers was $60.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
thanks for the quick reply guys...the lead came off at the coil pack and when i hold it near the prong its ment to go on there's no spark.....
on a side note can this damage the engine as i need to get the car home tonight after work approx 45k's

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
ok looks like the coil pack is buggered ----the 1st coil pack its has 4 and 1 marked on it.....there is no spark coming from the prong on number 4 or number 1. I took the other leads off and checked and all good sparks from all the other prongs....so looks like the coil pack has **** itself!!!! arrggg now how to get home!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
ya can drive it- but shouldnt....i prob wouldnt... if ya do drive it take it easy, dont try and make it go fast...

where are ya and where ya from?

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
ok all good my mate's got one!!so the missus is bringing the part to work.....ahhh the beer economy :)
Thanks guys

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
ya can drive it- but shouldnt....i prob wouldnt... if ya do drive it take it easy, dont try and make it go fast...

where are ya and where ya from?

ohh yeah i should update my profile....from west of sydney nsw and work in the city

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
ok update....tried to get the 1-4 coil out but the you need a long bloody socket for the inner most bolt....all good my mate also sent a complete unit 3 coils on the dfi thing.......2 bolts and the wiring all done works a treat!!
thanks
for all the replys :)