Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 VT Wagon Problems - HELP!

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Hi Folks two issues im hoping someone can help me with?

1.The handbrake on my vt is not working and i have adjusted it at the handle with no effect,
what is the proper way to adjust them at the rear wheels? do you remove the rotor etc??

2.Also it has a hydraulic lifter noise when it hasnt been driven for a while but eventually stops when using and it warms up but sounds terrible when its doing it! what do i have to do or replace to fix this noise as it sounds terrible! The car only has 150,000kms, hope you can help me out, cheers =)

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
1, If you have fully adjusted your hand brake I'd say your hand brake pads are worn out But you could try adjusting them at the wheel,

55723081.png

2, I'd give it a good engine flush to try and clean them out something like Auto-RX (if you can somewhere that sells it)
There is a new wynns engine flush out thats good too, But make sure you "Don't Rev the Motor" at all, or it will spin a bearing.

Other then that its going to be a big job replacing them.

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Cheers, ive actually tried with a screw driver to move the small adjusting wheel inside the hub and can get either side to move, someone told me i might have to remove the caliper and rotor and adjust
it until the rotor fits firmly on the hub?

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah that will fix it.
undo the adjustment on the handle first.
then adjust the pads
then re-adjust the handle and you should be right to pull some handbrakeys again :D

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If you take the brake rotor off first, and have a look at the way the hand brake shoe works, and maybe clean the adjusting screw to free it up, this will help you to adjust it a bit easier!....a prick of a job.