Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

9HBD 4L60E auto for VS S2?

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
I just picked up a 9HBD GMPT 4L60E apparently for VS V8 and got it shift kitted only to pull my VS v8 gearbox out to find the look completely different? My car is a 96 VS exec BT-1 which shouldve had the 4L60E g/box, can the 9HBD fit or is it back to searching again?

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
After coming up with absolutely no one (asked 50 or so people) knowing if it will work or not i found that its most likely from a 1999 VS SIII V8 Ute, which in my mind should have no trouble fitting to my car. Both are 13 pin, only major problem was the 9HBD trans line pipes came straight out rather than on the side, i just bent them around a bit and its all good. The 9HBD has a full covered bellhousing while the 6HBD is only half with the dust cover/inspection plate, will be fitting the box this weekend and all fingers crossed when i get it in.

Thanks for everyone that helped or should I say that didnt help :p

Liddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Stato 5ltr
After coming up with absolutely no one (asked 50 or so people) knowing if it will work or not i found that its most likely from a 1999 VS SIII V8 Ute, which in my mind should have no trouble fitting to my car. Both are 13 pin, only major problem was the 9HBD trans line pipes came straight out rather than on the side, i just bent them around a bit and its all good. The 9HBD has a full covered bellhousing while the 6HBD is only half with the dust cover/inspection plate, will be fitting the box this weekend and all fingers crossed when i get it in.

Thanks for everyone that helped or should I say that didnt help :p
I know this is a few years old now but did it work with no dramas? Just bolt up and go?
I have the same issue I have a 9HBD box with series 2 vs running gear in a vs statesman that has a flogged out 6HBD currently fitted I need to know ASAP so I can have the old girl running for Easter car mania