Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A bad run..

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Well it seems I'm having a bad run when it comes to the car.

Having starting issues as per my other thread, replace starter and still the issue is there.

Took it through a car wash last night because I wanted to just get a quick wash before meeting a few old friends for a cruise.
The car wash decides to do this:

9398dae5.jpg

1a6fd56b.jpg

eca218b7.jpg

Paintwork doesn't appear to have been done right in the first place, so it's stripped it with just the water pressure.
Only found out when a mate at the cruise said he didn't want to take pics of the front because of the damage. I was like WTF!

On top of that, after we'd put the aerial down (as someone fitted a manual one because it was cheaper than replacing the electric), tried to get it back up and it's fallen through the hole. Great.

And then on top of that my airbag light has now shown up as well after I gave it a bit when getting on the highway.

Now I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the front bar, replace it with a VX SS front bar, head lights and fog lights or just respray the one I have for now.
Its not exactly the best time financially for this sh*t to have happened all at once :/

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Your are having some bad luck. Whoever painted the front bar didn't prepare it properly. Was it like that when you bought the car or did you have it painted?

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
That sucks man.
I seem to have the same luck when it comes to Commodores,Something always happens.

Have you got a quote to get the bumper resprayed?
Might be cheaper to get an SS front than to respray.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
accentstencil - bought it this way unfortunately

JRNZER - haven't got a quote for it yet, only just happened last night. I have a friend that has a brother/family etc that might be able to do it on the cheap, but should be able to do a good job too. Gotta wait an see what she says.
If I go for a VX SS front bar it'll work out more expensive I'd say, just because I have to buy the bar, get fog lights and the teardrop headlights to suit.

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
its like its missing the clear coat and the paint just chipped off, sorry to see that mate, i know i get cut up about stuff like this, and especially before a meet up, cos then you get all the wankers coming up and saying how there mothers best friend cat can fix it up cheap, and it never happens..

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
That suck man! Not having a good run at all. I never ever take my car through the auto wash as Ive heard of so much stuff like this happening. Its hand wash or nothing for me. lol
By the time you get the new bar,headlights,foglights and spray it would be quite exxy. Id just get your current bar resprayed if I were you (unless you were planning on doing the conversion to VX front soon anyway)
With the aerial will you be able to pull it back up? Or up for a new one? Think the electric ones are about $140 last time I checked.
Is your airbag light still on or did it just flash?

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Sucks mate, looks like the front bar has been replaced at some point and some one has done a real half arsed job of painting it. Shouldn't cost too much to fix...

I feel your pain though, my SS seems to have something go wrong with it every week, the latest being the alternator died, the coil is on its way out again (no.03) and during the week the thing blew a transmission hose leaving transmission fluid all over the Pacific Motorway; all this in the space of about 3 weeks! Now I am debating whether or not to undertake a full rebuild (stroke) the engine, and rebuild the box or just #### it off for as much as I can.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
That front bar has had no primer on it no wonder y the paint just peeled off man. was the car bought privately or at a car yard?

Ur ariel should b an easy fix. just needa take off the inner wheel arch gaurd so u can gain access 2 the ariel. the nut that hold it on must have come off.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Cheers, yeah wanna do a VX front end conv at some point, but now isn't the time.
Hopefully my friend can hook me up with her bro to do a cheap but proper respray.
Definitely no primer on that bar at all.. bought it privately (swapped for my old bike).

May spend some time tomorrow to fix the aerial. Hate having to jack the car up though and pulling wheels off :p
As far as I know it's just fallen down, so I'd assume the bolt's worked loose.

Airbag light comes on a couple seconds after the car starts. It chimes at you the sound of 'your cars fked your cars fked your cars fked' :p

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I may have an electric aerial for you soon if you're after one mate. Same with SRS gear I have clock springs and pre tensioners. Get a mechanic to scan your car with a tech 2 and tell you what has set the SRS light off. My panel beater would probably charge $250 to $300 to prep and paint your bumper properly he does good work and it will be cheaper if you remove the bumper.