Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A bloody good drive

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
87VLCalais interesting that nz sales of zb have increased year on year.
The aussies just haven’t accepted it and I guess GM has sold most of them to rental car coys and it’s own rental co (maven) but in 2021 the model dies anyway replaced by a PSA design.
I suspect the real reason that GM have stopped selling zb is because they are losing money on each sale as they didn’t meet minimum order requirements and had to pay PSA ‘fines, or penalty payments due to the low number sold in oz and probsbly their overinflated idea of volume at 2017.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The new "Commodore" was dead before it ever reached our shores as it was an end of life model, it was doomed to fail and GM knew that.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
There is some speculation that Kia won't be updating their Stinger either due to low sales, not that they're especially good handling in my opinion, certainly not as sweet as the Commodore.
One wonders who is going to be left selling medium / large sedans at an affordable price that is any good ?
Mazda 6 is NOT a "bloody good drive", good up to about 6/10th and then, oh dear !!
I might have to keep mine for quite some time if there's nothing else forthcoming.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
There is some speculation that Kia won't be updating their Stinger either due to low sales, not that they're especially good handling in my opinion, certainly not as sweet as the Commodore.
One wonders who is going to be left selling medium / large sedans at an affordable price that is any good ?
Mazda 6 is NOT a "bloody good drive", good up to about 6/10th and then, oh dear !!
I might have to keep mine for quite some time if there's nothing else forthcoming.

Which is precisely one of the reasons I bought my RSV?

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
Yes the commodore is dead and so too probably Holden, but without doubt the vxr is easily the best value for money car on the road currently, it’s a real shame these baby’s won’t be produced anymore.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
What about the v6 Camry? Is that not an ok car?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
What about the v6 Camry? Is that not an ok car?

I have driven a standard Camry (current model) and thought the handling was pretty good. Haven't tried the V6 Camry and you could have a good point. Might be the best alternative if Kia drops the Stinger ?

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I have driven a standard Camry (current model) and thought the handling was pretty good. Haven't tried the V6 Camry and you could have a good point. Might be the best alternative if Kia drops the Stinger ?
Yes well the V6 drives very differently to the 4 cylinder or the hybrid. It is a very smooth drive. It has better acceleration than the V6 ZB and beats it in the 0 to 100 benchmarks but what stopped me buying it was it has torque steer being FWD and also the steering is quite heavy.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Yes well the V6 drives very differently to the 4 cylinder or the hybrid. It is a very smooth drive. It has better acceleration than the V6 ZB and beats it in the 0 to 100 benchmarks but what stopped me buying it was it has torque steer being FWD and also the steering is quite heavy.
Seeing as we're talking about how they compare I thought some people might enjoy reading what Autocar N.Z. thought.
https://www.autocar.co.nz/car-revie...archID=4756033&ObjectID=7791146&ObjectType=35
https://www.autocar.co.nz/car-revie...archID=4756040&ObjectID=7517680&ObjectType=35

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
zbdiff.jpg

20k k 's a little seepage on this one. how are your ZB's.