Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C compressor/gas/power???

Black_Bug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Hey,

Bought my ute not long ago and there was no belt around the a/c compressor. The chap said everything is fine it just needs a new belt so i fought that one out last night and got a belt on there, but still no a/c.

Did a search on here and read a post saying that the compressor wont engage if there is not enough/too much gas in the system. Is this correct?

Just want to know where to start really, I checked the fuses which where not broken.
When i bought it the lights on the a/c button weren't working but I assumed it was blow bulbs.

I don't really want to re-gas it to find out that the compressor is rooted or something like that.

Where do you recommend I start? electrical, relays, re-gas?

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
The A/C light wont come on if the compressor doesn't engage.

Yes, the compressor wont engage without the required system pressure.

Most of the time if the compressor wont engage and you've checked fuses ect its got no gas.

If its got no gas to the point where the compressor wont engage, then its got a leak somewhere.

If its got a leak, then you need to find the leak. Needs a half gas with a dye check in it. Run it for a week or so, take it back and they will find the leak.

Black_Bug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Cheers mate, the ac writing on the switch wont illuminate either so thats why i figured the bulbs were shot.
I wasn't sure where to go from there so will organise profix to regas with dye

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
definitely worth getting the dye. saved me a heap of money when I discovered the reason my AC wasnt working very well was because the seals were shot. big puddle of green goo on the garage floor. free regas.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I don't really want to re-gas it to find out that the compressor is rooted or something like that.

Where do you recommend I start?

The system can NOT be re gassed if it is not functioning, first place I would start would be a certified auto A/C service man.

Black_Bug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
The system can NOT be re gassed if it is not functioning, first place I would start would be a certified auto A/C service man.

Cheers next pay I will get it sorted, getting a bit warm and windows aren't tinted, like a sauna over 20 degrees

shaun2007ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve v6
Ive got the same problem! No power at my compressor..... what was your fix? Cheers