Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C on/off button stuck in on position

donf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I am a newbie on these forums so Hi everyone. Can somebody please help.
I have a VS Executive and the A/c on/off button in stuck in the 'on' position - green light is continually on whilst ignition is on. I have had this fault for some time but it has not worried me because I have been turning it off and on via the A/c fan control slider. It all works fine via the slider.
I would like to get at the A/c switch to fix it with the help of a friend (aircraft electrician) but we don't know how to get at the switch. Could somebody please help.

gendi

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SVZ Wagon
you proably need a new switch, shouldnt be too much from the wreckers.

to get to it, just above the dash cluster (speedo and gauges) their are 2 screws, undo these, then gently pry with a screw driver around the edges of the black plate the buttons are in, be carefull though the pins can be brittle because of their age.

hope it helps.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Brand new switch from Holden is about $20.

As posted above, be careful when prying back the black instrument cluster surround... especially now its so old, the clips will be extremely brittle.... they were bad enough when the things were brand new!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Try not to use a screwdriver to lever out the bezzel as it will leave little marks. Try just grabbing around where all your red lights are below the speedo and pulling out there with your hands and you should be able to get it started. Takes 2 min to pull it out. As said just take it steady with it, no sudden jerks as you may break the little clips on the back which isnt the end of the world but can be a pain. To get the a/c switch out just squeeze the clips at the side of it and the whole switch slides forward and out the front of the bezzel.

donf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Thanks heaps fellas for your excellent help. Will try to follow your instructions implicitly and will let you know how I/we got on. This is a fantastic forum - great for old retirees like myself who have no real mechanical experience. I will save a lot of money too.

bfc

Reaction score
wouldnt worry about it.....mine has trouble turning ON but when it does i leave it on all the time anyway...it wont hurt