Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C whine/harmonizing

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
When my A/C is switched on I hear a whining harmonizing kind of noise, it is in relation to engine revs also, if I keep it at about 1-2200rpm it'll stay there, once I boot it , it goes away. My guess is the compressor bearings noise coming through the cabin with the pipes if that makes any sense.

Anyone else have this problem and was it easy to fix?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
My Ac bearing use to sound similar to a empty power steering pump whine ,I replaced the bearing still in the car it didnt cost much ,but getting the puller on the pulley was a bit tricky

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
My Ac bearing use to sound similar to a empty power steering pump whine ,I replaced the bearing still in the car it didnt cost much ,but getting the puller on the pulley was a bit tricky

Yea it does kinda sound like a power steer pump whine, Is there just one bearing on the front of the pump or one at the rear too? does it require it to be pulled down to replace or easy to replace, holden have them or take it out to a bearing place?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
It was a few years ago I did mine ,pulled my pulley off and went to a bearing shop ,I cant remember if it was a one bearing or two but I didnt have to pull it down
however mine was in a V6 VP not sure what the acess is like in an 8