Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C

Fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0P
Hi All,

I'm close to buying a 2.0L petrol ZB, LT or the RS.

When viewing 2 of them recently at an indoor yard the A/C barely gets cold even when both sides set to Low.

I let the car idle with it on med air flow speed in Rec mode for about 3 mins each

Obviously the A/C works better when the car is moving but I'm really concerned how efficient they are in heavy traffic on a hot day.

Last edited:

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I have a white RSV wagon, so different engine, but you could probably check if the same compressor is fitted, seems fair to assume the rest of the bits are the same.

I recently moved to NT and found when driving up here on 40+ days that the AC was quite adequate although not outstanding. As an example years ago I had a 2 litre Toyota Corona wagon that had GREAT aircon.

Colour of the car probably makes a difference too. The RSV is white which will mean the body metal does not heat up as badly as for example black, dark grey, red.

Long story short, if you are living in a hot climate I think you'd probably be fine with a white one.

Fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0P
Thanks mate.
I just sold a 16yr VW and it's A/C was brilliant.
Early Jan in Sydney we had a 43Deg day (officially), and on that day I drove up the M1 to Broklyn and the cars temp reading got to 49.5 and I actually believe it was that hot !!! heat straight off a black tarmac freeway and all... hand out the window for a moment was not like anything I've experienced before.
The VW cut the mustard, credit there. My soon to be owned ZB I'm hoping for the best.
I wonder if the local A/C mechanic can supe it up a bit ??

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi All,

I'm close to buying a 2.0L petrol ZB, LT or the RS.

When viewing 2 of them recently at an indoor yard the A/C barely gets cold even when both sides set to Low.

I let the car idle with it on med air flow speed in Rec mode for about 3 mins each

Obviously the A/C works better when the car is moving but I'm really concerned how efficient they are in heavy traffic on a hot day.

i find the ac in mine better than the 5 vfs i had owned over the years.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
My 2c, the AC doesn't cool as well as I expected but the cooled seats do help somewhat. I guess I'd rate it as acceptable. Mind you, I do own a black car. One of the downsides of looking cool I guess. ;)