Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A couple of VE Related questions......

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Have done a fair bit of searching but either I suck at it or there are no answers yet.....

1. Have a 2011 Series 2 VE and have fitted a Whiteline Front ( only ) sway bay. Front end now creaks and clunks when driving ( mostly in driveways and car parks ) and becomes more quiet as the car warms up. Have tried more grease on the nolathane D-Bushes but no joy. All bolts and nuts are tight. Rod ends feel good. Anyone had this and how do you fix it ?

NOTE: Have also fitted Tein Super Streets but I don't think they have anything to do with it...... ?

2. Brake pedal on occasion feels spongy for no reason but otherwise it feels good. Are the master cylinders prone to leaking / failure ?

I'm new to the Holdens ( after 20 years of rice rockets ) and it seems I have a bit to learn.

Any construtive help would be great. Cheers.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
My Statesman used to creak and groan a lot with polyurethane bushes. It was worse in summer time and the only solution was Castrol LMM grease (and **** loads of it).

Thanks for the response. It seems the Whiteline themselves have exactly the same advice..... lol.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i had a creak in mine was my spare wheel was loose hahah

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
So what about the brake pedal feel ? Are the average commo brake pedals spongy normally ? ( I know the HSV pedal is nice and firm )

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Also, are the Brembo front brakes much better than standard V8 brakes ?

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Also, are the Brembo front brakes much better than standard V8 brakes ?
There is a big difference mine has the brembo fronts as its a redline
But more to the point yesterday I went straight from mine to my bosses ss and it doesn't stop half as good however be warned you have to have wheels that clear normal ssv's won't clear had that issue they hit on the callipers and stop the wheel from turning ( my bad luck having it as a spare and only having had the car for a month didn't realise that they don't fit

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Thanks for the feedback. Going to try a set of redline brembo's on the front and hopefully that will improve the braking and give a better pedal feel.

Anyone know if HSV Brake Master is interchangeable ( or even different to ? ) SSV Master ?

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
I had the brembo fronts (and rears) on my ss with braided lines and they were pretty good imo, no soft pedal and pulled it up a lot quicker..

yzybysaq.jpg
uqesu5at.jpg

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Sweet. Are those 20 inch wheels ?

Also, does anyone know, when people say that you can't fit the 19" SSV wheels over the Brembo's is it because of the diameter or the depth ? Would 19" SSV wheels with 15mm spacers fit ?