Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A fault already??

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Well its been a week that me and my partner have had our New Calais V. The funny thing we are experincing already is when starting the car we get some warnings coming up on the dash on start up. We always wait for the welcome screen to disapear and the system check to be complete and then hit the key. What is happening is for a split second we get the check ABS, Check ESP and then Check Engine animations appear. They disapear as quickly as they appear but once the car is running they dont come back and it only happens the 2nd time the car is started for the day. Never the first time.

We took the car into the dealership last Tuesday and they said there are no faults and that the battery was low in voltage because we have not driven the car much. At this stage we had only done driving around town and had 200Kms on the clock. They suggested a good 2 hour drive to give the battery a good charge. So today we went for a drive up into the blue mountains and stopped for an hour and when we started the car its was gone. We drove back home and turned the car off and went inside. 2 hours later we went out again and up come the animations again for a slit second. Im lost to what it could be now.
So I will go back to the dealer and get them to check it out again. However thought I would mention it here and see if anyone that has got a VE now had this problem or similar?? Could it still be the battery?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Could be a simple pre-check?

gerard007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6 SRoof
I also have the same problem. 'ESP off' and 'ABS fault' or 'Contact dealer' animations appears briefly when I start the engine. Went to the dealer last month. The error codes suggested a too low and too high voltage. They reckoned it is just a software bug - nothing wrong with the ESP or ABS. They are still waiting for holden to release the software update.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i'd say there nothing wrong, just ride it out, its what u get when u buy a new model of car as the bug still need to be ironed out

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
At this stage we had only done driving around town and had 200Kms on the clock.

200km on the clock!!!!!! you lucky bastard. My car done 215,000k's
Any way I heard that there is a run-in period up to 1000k's and then you get it serviced for free I think??.
I suggest you drive the car occasionally up to 1000k's and then see what happens after you do the service. But try and drive the car often as possible so you don't end up taking like 4 months to reach 1000Km.
Your car is in a run in period as I know with previous commodores.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
there are some battery issues with VE, driving it 200k wont necessarily charge the battery fully as the charge rate is controlled by the BCM, if the battery has been flat the BCM takes 12 hours to relearn the battery condition as it defaults to 60% charge, driving it immediately from flat will never charge the battery.
the warnings will be generated by a low voltage when starting, it should be sorted out by Holden soon

rob

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi All,
Thanks for everyones prompt reply. The dealer said that they had a new WM caprice doing the same thing. We will see what happens and will keep you posted.The funny thing is sometimes it does not come on at all. The car has just on 600kms now. We get a free inpsection and checkup at 3000kms. So maybe we can ride it out till then. They assured us that there is nothing wrong machnically with the car and if MIL lamp appears and stays on, then we have a problem. We have a big trip over xmas and driving up the coast so a good long drive might do the car the best.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
On day 1 with just 28km on the clock on my VE Calais, I had an alternator warning light. Drove it back to the dealer the day I picked it up and they ran a ful diag on it. Said that it was due to low charge in the battery but nothing wrong with it. Haven't had a problem since.

KITTAU you say you wait when the welcome screen comes on to start the car. Why? I just stick in the key and turn it to ignition (I love not having to hold the key though - auto start is great) and the Welcome screen and testing just goes through while the car is running.

One thing I want them to change in the trip comp software is when the Low Fuel lamp comes on at around 70km to empty according to "Range", the "Litres Remaining" and "Range" functions both just show "LOW". I can look at the "Litres Used" to know exactly how much fuel I have left and how far I can go but I don't like the word "LOW" it's too generic.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont know why I wait to be honest. Just habbit from all the other Holdens that I have had before. I guess its not important to wait for anything... I just doing it while I put my seatbelt on. Well it has not done it today. The only thing that was strange this afternoon was that when I started the car. The CD track info was not sitting on the top of the centre screen above the digital speedo I have set and It would not let me change CD's. I turned the car off and then started it back up again and it was fine. Strange... maybe it is a software issue and Holden will release a patch for it or something. But other than that the car has been wonderful. Love the V6 and its heaps better than then I thought it would be considering we have just jumped out of a V8.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Well its been a week that me and my partner have had our New Calais V. The funny thing we are experincing already is when starting the car we get some warnings coming up on the dash on start up. We always wait for the welcome screen to disapear and the system check to be complete and then hit the key. What is happening is for a split second we get the check ABS, Check ESP and then Check Engine animations appear. They disapear as quickly as they appear but once the car is running they dont come back and it only happens the 2nd time the car is started for the day. Never the first time.

We took the car into the dealership last Tuesday and they said there are no faults and that the battery was low in voltage because we have not driven the car much. At this stage we had only done driving around town and had 200Kms on the clock. They suggested a good 2 hour drive to give the battery a good charge. So today we went for a drive up into the blue mountains and stopped for an hour and when we started the car its was gone. We drove back home and turned the car off and went inside. 2 hours later we went out again and up come the animations again for a slit second. Im lost to what it could be now.
So I will go back to the dealer and get them to check it out again. However thought I would mention it here and see if anyone that has got a VE now had this problem or similar?? Could it still be the battery?
Thats the norm, Happen too me a couple of times. Like a lightning bolt check engine on start up.. I just waited my self till it did the system check. Once i was driving along and the ESP came on and said it was off. Checked that and it was on?