Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Few Questions About My VU...

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
hey everyone, im new to the site and was wondering a few things about my new VU Utility.

1. does a VU series two have LSD?
2. i would like to put some 6x9's in the cabin, just wondering where the best spot for them would be (if anyone has ever done this?)
3. will a VY 2004 ss hardlid fit my 2002 VU ? i really want to buy one and think iv found one :)

thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me :)

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Hoy boss, I'll try and help you.

1. I know the LSD was an option on the commodores, but you should get under the back of the ute and check to see if there's an LSD tag somewhere on your diff. Failing that, just rip a hecktic skid and look at the tyre marks.
2. You can buy 6x9 speaker boxes that fit behind the seats - they work alright. Personally I would just get a good set of 6.5" components for the doors and amp them, and put a sub behind the seat or next to the petrol tank. 6x9's are neither good for clarity or bass - I have no idea why people are so fixated with them.
3. A VY SS hard lid should fit. I have had a VU hard lid on my VY and it fit fine.

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
:D thanks heaps.

yeh ill have to hava look later today then :) if not then have a little fun on some smooth concrete ;)

yeh i was told that 6x9's were good for bass n sound quality, rather then just getting 1 sub. i got some pioneer 6x9's on sale so i thought id giv em a go. im guna make my own custom housing for them n see how they go :)
i AM amp'ing the 6x9's and some kenwood 6.5's ill be fitting into the doors too :)

mmm unfortunately the hardlid i was looking at got sold :( so back to square one n looking again :(