Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Few Questions

4PLAYN

Reaction score
It has come accross that i am soon to obtain a VN V6 5 Speed off of one of my mates. The car is white and i would like to get the same bodykit as VN2NV (that car is HOT!!!). I just have a few questions on paint colors,

My mum has a factory yellow VN Commodore (paint code = ID005), What is the name of this paint and how easy is it to obtain?

The light blue color i see on VZ Monaro's and VZ Commodores, What is the paint code and how easy is it to get?

The VX Clubsport kit that VN2NV has, where can i get the kit and how much? preferable each part on its own (skirts, then, front bar, then, rear, then, spoiler) A website link to an online shop would be good ;)
I have heard some good and bad things about FabTech Bodykits and i am not convinced to buy interstate at the moment.

Also I have had thoughts on replacing the VN Vents at the ends of the dash to VS style and let the vents roll out onto the door (as per VS). I assume that the door cards/trims for VN are interchangable with VN/VP/VQ/VR/VS (including Statesman) Is this possible?

I dont want to give too much away but are their any retail outlets which are promt with their serive, and good with their prices that can help me get the various electrical items and looms i need? Or am i hoping for too much? I have searched Ebay, Trading Post and various forums to yet find the parts i need or wiring diagrams.

Thanks for your time.

Adam.

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
stocko_VH said:
The light blue color i see on VZ Monaro's and VZ Commodores, What is the paint code and how easy is it to get?

Adam.
i dont no the paint code but im pretty sure its called turismo blue

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Not sure if you are talking about VN2NV as in me, or the old one. The old blue VN2NV had a VX kit, I have a VY kit.

Theres plenty of places here that are good for kits too.

Adelaide Special Vehicles, Adelaide Road Rage amongst a few. Adelaide Special Vehicles are the expensive option and you generally work your way down for there.

For a full kit, looking at around $1300-$1400 unpainted for decent kits. Around $800 per bar for supply, paint and fit if you go to a place like Adelaide Special Vehicles, less for sideskirts and around $500 for a spoiler painted and fitted. Depends what model etc. kit it is though as well.

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
stocko_VH said:
Also I have had thoughts on replacing the VN Vents at the ends of the dash to VS style and let the vents roll out onto the door (as per VS). I assume that the door cards/trims for VN are interchangable with VN/VP/VQ/VR/VS (including Statesman) Is this possible?

VN and VP are interchangable, VR and VS are interchangable. VN and VR,VS aren't, well, not unless you change the whole dash, then you can use the VR/VS door cards and vents.

4PLAYN

Reaction score
WaynoVN said:
VN and VP are interchangable, VR and VS are interchangable. VN and VR,VS aren't, well, not unless you change the whole dash, then you can use the VR/VS door cards and vents.

Damn, they seem to look to be the same size and all aswell.

1991_VN2NV said:
Not sure if you are talking about VN2NV as in me, or the old one. The old blue VN2NV had a VX kit, I have a VY kit.

Theres plenty of places here that are good for kits too.

Adelaide Special Vehicles, Adelaide Road Rage amongst a few. Adelaide Special Vehicles are the expensive option and you generally work your way down for there.

For a full kit, looking at around $1300-$1400 unpainted for decent kits. Around $800 per bar for supply, paint and fit if you go to a place like Adelaide Special Vehicles, less for sideskirts and around $500 for a spoiler painted and fitted. Depends what model etc. kit it is though as well.

Yes that is you :D The old blue VN2NV? Daniels?

I am about 40km north of Adelaide and no licence so yeah :yeah: I cant readily get to Edwardstown (Castle Plaza) to get the bodykit and go home, Unless i go by train ...

This kit has caught me quite a bit though i like it !!!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fiberglass-V...0QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36605QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
But its interstate, so i really prefer not to get it due to damage that may come due to postage.

VN2NV Wasnt your rear bar and side skirts custom? or are from another car? I have been told from the guy who sold you those plates that i can get VX Clubby kit for 800 ... or there abouts ... I dont know whats the go there :whistling

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
stocko_VH said:
Damn, they seem to look to be the same size and all aswell.

Yes that is you :D The old blue VN2NV? Daniels?

I am about 40km north of Adelaide and no licence so yeah :yeah: I cant readily get to Edwardstown (Castle Plaza) to get the bodykit and go home, Unless i go by train ...

This kit has caught me quite a bit though i like it !!!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fiberglass-V...0QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36605QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
But its interstate, so i really prefer not to get it due to damage that may come due to postage.

VN2NV Wasnt your rear bar and side skirts custom? or are from another car? I have been told from the guy who sold you those plates that i can get VX Clubby kit for 800 ... or there abouts ... I dont know whats the go there :whistling

Stay away from Ebay kits. Unless you want massive panel gaps. The guy that Daniel knows that makes the VX kit is a good bloke, and his kits are decent as well. He is very cheap because its a one man operation kinda thing... But they are alright. Just dont get it painted by him apparently...

I definitely reccomend that guy Rob that Daniel is talking about. :thumbsup:

Also, watch out if you live in the country, the VT onwards kits are very bulky so they dont tend to last long in the country + stonechips become a bitch of a problem.

And yeah my sideskirts and rear bar were custom jobs, but the rear bar is not much different to a standard VY clubby rear.

4PLAYN

Reaction score
I would rather buy the kit as a kit unpainted and then get the pro's to paint the VN. So Rob is his name, I live in Gawler and stick to bitumen driving ONLY. My last car suffered from dirt roads and always changing suspension.

Thanks Dylan :thumbsup:

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Cheers Wes :thumbsup:

I have a few more plans but i will keep them secret and when i post up pictures i will state future plans of the car ect ect ...