Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a few stupid questions

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
thanx man those diagrams should help heaps....... the cars at the panel shop at the moment so ill let you know how it goes when i get it back

cheers

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
about the temp gauge it is not unusual for it to sit a bit over half way. mine does the same thing. when it was a stock motor it used to sit a little bit over half way and now as a hot motor it does the same thing. if your pretty worryed about it get a thermostat that opens at about 50 degrees. but it is not recommended on a worked motor. the best way wld be to buy this coolant called redline water wetter. have not tryed it yet but ppl on this forum suggested it to me. it has worked for alot ppl. best coolant u can get apparently. i have the same engine as urs so thought i might tell ya what i know.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
There is no problem ever after having a hot motor for the guage to read over the half way mark. If you are getting the red-line during normal conditions, it wouldn't be the coolant in the radiator.

I personally don't waste money on expensive coolant fluid. What I use? Premix $3.99 coolant from Autobarn. Works just fine for me.

I bet a million bucks the turkeys at the dealerships don't use expensive **** either, but charge $45 for a radiator flush!