Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a funny one

blackvxss350

vx ss ls1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hi guys and girls just picked up a vp wagon drives like 20 year old car but the funny thing is when you put it in to park the motor shuts off by its self any ideas its not a real drama saves me turning it off lol
:hmmm:

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1993, VT Commodore 1997
ha! that is a funny one, welcome to my world my friend i have the weirdest issues as well and there usually b@st@rds to battle :( Im sorry i dont have much information on why your vp is doing that..

is it only when you slam it into park? so it starts up ok in park and going into other gears mate? does the car idle drop and bog out or does it just completely shut off quickly as soon as you go into park? could be something as simple as sensor you never know

blackvxss350

vx ss ls1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
na its starts like normal for a 20 years old car with the original motor & box its good my vx ss gear box died at 160 000 kays just a normal pull up and put in to park the car shuts off no the engine revs like normal its instant its funny as i like cars with funny personality
and thanks for the reply

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
could it be a malfunctioning park neutral switch?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
could be a stuffed ecu, had a vr pcm do exactly the same, changed tps, iac, fuel reg, rail and injectors, map, tb, p/n switch, memcals.... finally swapped ecu/pcm and that was it, even put all the other stuff i'd changed back on to make sure it wasn't just messing with my head and none of the other bits made a difference.....