Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A mate is suggesting AU falcon throttle body and injectors? And some other mods

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Pfft since when does any V6 owner listen to that advice. You know he's going to spend the cash anyone regardless of the fact of minimal gains.

Because the extra 3kw makes my V6 chirp the rear wheels and become a hectic race car.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Don't touch the throttle body or injectors. No one in their right mind would fit a falcon throttle body to a V6 commodore when an LS1 throttle body is almost plug n play.

Diff gears and high ratio rockers are all that's going to be of benefit to your car. Fact. Your mate doesn't know **** but his heart is probably in the right place

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah mate, just do what the people have suggested above, buy a V8 and then idle it around at 40 km/h everywhere like most V8 owners seem to do. I dont know if theyre just too scared to drive them properly, or maybe they cant afford the fuel if they open it up, but a lot of people do this crap, its just a waste of a good car. . Ive owned a hell of a lot of V8's and 6 's over the years, and the V6 is not a bad little engine. Ive seen cheaply made turbo 6's blow some V8s completely stupid so they can be just as quick as a V8 without having to spend much... If you are ignorant enough to think that a 6 cylinder engine cannot go fast, then you've only gotta look at the hemi 6's,(265). Off the showroom floor these 6's were faster than the phase 3 V8 falcons and the 6 cylinder and V8 toranas over the quarter mile, they'd crack 13.9 if I remember correctly, and it would do this straight out of the box... Thats not slow in my book. You just cant use a V8 engine to its full potential on the roads these days, not like years ago where you could travel everywhere flat out.

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah mate, just do what the people have suggested above, buy a V8 and then idle it around at 40 km/h everywhere like most V8 owners seem to do. I dont know if theyre just too scared to drive them properly, or maybe they cant afford the fuel if they open it up, but a lot of people do this crap, its just a waste of a good car. . Ive owned a hell of a lot of V8's and 6 's over the years, and the V6 is not a bad little engine. Ive seen cheaply made turbo 6's blow some V8s completely stupid so they can be just as quick as a V8 without having to spend much... If you are ignorant enough to think that a 6 cylinder engine cannot go fast, then you've only gotta look at the hemi 6's,(265). Off the showroom floor these 6's were faster than the phase 3 V8 falcons and the 6 cylinder and V8 toranas over the quarter mile, they'd crack 13.9 if I remember correctly, and it would do this straight out of the box... Thats not slow in my book. You just cant use a V8 engine to its full potential on the roads these days, not like years ago where you could travel everywhere flat out.

Hey I am all for a quick six...not knocking them at all......you just need FI to get a holden V6 to be quick.

Bolt on mods CAN'T do this so why even bother?

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
I really dont understand why v8 owners have to give v6 owners so much ****. Modding is making your car 'yours' why should it matter what size the engine is and how much rwkw you will gain, its about learning and experience and the fact half of the holen owners on here are on Pplates does not make the argument "go FI or buy a v8 lolz dumb v6 kid" very feasible. Yes i think its silly he wants to put Au injectors and throttle body on a ecotec but why go into the whole argument again. Its just as bad as on vw forums where vr6 owners give **** to the 4cyl golfs.
If everyone thought this way itd be, i want more power from a v8 go buy a v10 more from a v10? V12 ect until everyones got a f****** veyron

JeremyF50

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rusty V8 Meat Wagon
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'll just save the money towards roller rockers, diff and doing my exhaust system. As far as cheap mods go, I'll just throw in a K&N filter. Is that even considered a mod? Lol :p

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'll just save the money towards roller rockers, diff and doing my exhaust system. As far as cheap mods go, I'll just throw in a K&N filter. Is that even considered a mod? Lol :p

Save money get a Lukey airfilter.

phillyg do you know why most V8 owners tell V6 owners to save their money? Because most have gain through the stage and modified a V6 and realised how pointless it is.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I spent sub $1k that I only made back after 12 months of fuel savings. Response improved but that's about it. In hindsight it would have been better spent on a cam and some head work. Come this weekend and I'm hoping for at least 110% more power to the road :)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Save money get a Lukey airfilter.

phillyg do you know why most V8 owners tell V6 owners to save their money? Because most have gain through the stage and modified a V6 and realised how pointless it is.

Yeah real pointless. Almost as pointless as having a turbo 4 cylinder :doh: One day, even the thick ones might realise that we do it because we want to and we can.