Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A mate is suggesting AU falcon throttle body and injectors? And some other mods

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I'm talking holden v6's here not lotuses etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I'm talking holden v6's here not lotuses etc.

Either way you still don't now what you are talking about.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What is this? Whirlpool forums?

Folk call me crazy for blowing an Eco, but besides the enjoyment building and something different, it still works out far cheaper per rwkw than if I grabbed an LS1 in a VXII or similar. And a 304 won't even get a look in. Plus I know my car and it's in sweet arsed condition front to rear. Even without these parameters I'd encourage anyone to do the same.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
As I said above Ive owned a lot of holden and ford V8's and 6's over the years, and I gotta say Ive been in quite a few VN-VT V8 commodores that werent really that much quicker than my mostly standard V6. You obviously get the odd engine thats had work done to it by someone who actually knews what they were doing, but theres a lot of V8 slugs getting around out there.. It seems to me that some people have to buy a V8 to feel like a "man" of whatever, maybe theyre lacking in other departments and have to make up for it elsewhere. Its probably the same people who drive around at 40 km/h everywhere in their V8 SS's . At the time I bought my last commodore, I would have bought a V8 if a decent one was available in my area, but I just settled for a VS V6 , it had a redlands reco engine, but the main thing that sold me was that it actually drove good when I test drove it, Id test driven some beforehand that were absolutely horrible to drive...I reckon that the V8 and the V6 can both be made to go ok with a bit of money spent on them, obviously a V8 will always go better in the end but theyre both good engines, even when standard.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What is this? Whirlpool forums?

Folk call me crazy for blowing an Eco, but besides the enjoyment building and something different, it still works out far cheaper per rwkw than if I grabbed an LS1 in a VXII or similar. And a 304 won't even get a look in. Plus I know my car and it's in sweet arsed condition front to rear. Even without these parameters I'd encourage anyone to do the same.

Read all the above posts.

Nobody is having a go at FI 6's.......we are talking about bolt on mods on an N/A V6 which will never ever ever be quick.

When you are talking FI V6 it's a very different game.

As I said earlier FI 6 or V8.......not a V6 with a throttle body etc

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Glad some one gets it.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Nobody is having a go at FI 6's.......we are talking about bolt on mods on an N/A V6 which will never ever ever be quick.

I didn't say they were. My point was around the attitude that is against bothering with a V6 full stop. Sure it may not be bang for buck short term, but my sentiment is that whatever you want to do, just do. I don't regret my early mods and they paid off with fuel gains. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I didn't know a bargain on FI was coming my way then.

Trouble is someone says which mod should I do first and there's folk who instead of responding just come out with "Why would you want to do that?" "Don't waste your time" or "Get a V8". That's the Whirlpoolian aspect as I see it.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

Its not always about being quick or powerful, this is something that for some is hard to get their head around. Some people out there want just that little bit more poke than standard as they never want to go to the drags or the race track and have no desire to own a V8, but they want to have a play at modding the car that THEY own.
So shelling out a small hand full of dollars gives them something that goes a fraction better than what they had standard and that is what makes them HAPPY.
They have no desire to go out and claim that they have a V8 beater or a 10 second car, yet unfortunately there is a few that will tell you otherwise and the same can be said about some of the V8 brigade.
But having people say its not worth it is based on what they beleive is not always factual. What is worth something to one person may not hold the same value to another.
If someone wants to modify their V6 then why is so hard for some to except that it is what THEY WANT to do.
I don't think I have seen any of the V6 owners jump on the V8 owners case telling them that they are wasting their money on GM style V8 engines when there are so many better power plants that could be used, but yet it is always the same bunch of V8 supporters that feel the need to flex their e wang at anyone that wants to play with a six.
I just can't understand the mentality of these people.
It wouldn't as bad if they tried to help people by explaining what mods are good for an increase and what are not so good, but no, they have the time to make some crappy, why bother responses, but offer no help.
Why is that?? E wang issues????