Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Matter Of Confusion

F

freckly

my vs ss was built in 1995 but has series II s*#t badges on it. Now, have i been ripped off or is there a nice explanation. How does one know if there vs ss was one of the lucky hsv enhanced babies? so many questions i need answered. can someone direct me to a place full of serious information about my car, i need to be set straight.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hi Freckly,
According to my sources the Series II VS didn't start until June 1996 so why it would have Series II badges on it is beyond me unless the previous owner got bored?

If I am correct the HSV enhanced vehicles were optioned at the factory. You may contact HSV with the VIN # on your windscreen and they'll be able to tell you straight out whether it went through the HSV factory.

As for information on your car, was there anything specific you were after?

F

freckly

thanks darren, you may be right. i just wanted to know the stock 1/4 mile times,
0 to 100kph time, that sort of stuff. i am just curious. i,ve been hearing that the stock vn ss goes harder than the vs ss. i want that verified, i paid 15990 for mine
(vs ss) and i want to know it inside and out. and also, how good was the 24hr bathurst? the last ten minutes was as good as the first in my opinion. thank you.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Well considering they are the same engines, mated to the same gearboxes, but the VN weighing almost 105 kgs less than the the VS (IRS, LSD, Airbags and other luxuries) then Id say the VN would be faster.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Elapse time 0-100 km/h: 7.34 seconds.
Standing 400 metres: 15.27 seconds.

for the VS SS

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
By the way, my post was reffering to two stock well maintained SSs. If yours is worked Im sure it would beat a stock Vn SS.

J

Jaime S.

Simple.
If it's got a "185i" badge on it, then HSV has fiddled with it.
As for the "Series II" badge, some bastard wanted to make a beautiful car un-original.
When I grow up and get my VS, I'll get mag wheels, an MP3 Boombox & a spoiler on top of the hatch (it'll be a Wagon). However, I'll keep the original wheels and stereo.

Cheers,
Jaime S.