Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A new issue... P2138

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Gotta say I'm suprised by how few they sold.

I think it is just part of the whole passenger cars are dead thing.....SUV's rule the world.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Looking at sales, I guess that might explain why the Mazda 6 only had 3500 sales for 2018.
Gotta say I'm suprised by how few they sold. 7000 ZB sales looks pretty good compared to that and it also makes me wonder how many did Holden expect to sell if the competition are selling sweet F all cars of a similar size/type.
I think you’ll find the majority of those 7000 “sales” are actually cars regoed by the dealers and not actually sales at all. Local dealer had had 3 for near 12 months now all regoed. No one looks at em and no one asks about em

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I think it is just part of the whole passenger cars are dead thing.....SUV's rule the world.
You’re certainly on the money here I reckon...Mazda CX5 has been selling up a storm...how many of these CX5 Mums (& Dads) would have seriously or even remotely considered the Mazda6 sedan or wagon??...I’d say zero. If the CX5 didn’t exist they would have gone to another manufacturer (assuming they weren’t gullible enough to think they would find family room in a CX3 and probably didn’t have the $$ for a CX9).

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
True that. My sister in law got a CX-5 diesel and its actually a pretty good bit of kit for an SUV which is what got me wondering about and test driving a Mazda 6 which drives like a soft fat Labrador.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah SUV's are certainly the flavour of the month. CX5 are ok but the petrol ones use more fuel than my Buick VR ute. Outlanders in Tas are seen everywhere. We have one and it's pretty good. It's just weird going from the ute to the Outlander with the strange CVT trans.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
I agree. I have owned Holden's since 1978. LJ XU-1 Torana, LJ Torana SL sedan, VC SL Commodore sedan, VS Berlina sedan, VY Acclaim sedan. Yep, five successive Holden's over 40 years. All have been reliable transport and all were bought second-hand, though the XU-1 wasn't considered as 'transport'. I've also worked in Holden dealerships since the early 70's (spare parts), I've watched every Bathurst race since 1971, except one. I also collected a plethora of Holden 'stuff' over the years, mainly merchandise. I still have some left in the garage. My point is, I have never bought a new car in my life until recently. I spent a week in Tassie last year having an Outlander as a drive car. The mrs loved it and I agreed with her comments enough to come back home and buy our first and most likely ever new car. As a person gets older, their requirements change. I never ever thought I would be in a position to buy a new car, but that day arrived, and it wasn't a Holden that ended up in the garage. It pains me to say all this, but at the end of the day, when it comes to parting with your hard-earned you go with your gut feeling, not your heart.