Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a odd problem i cant solve my self !!

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
i went for a cruse up mt hothom today and for some strange reason the car would stall every time i went threw a right hand bend anywhere over 40 km per hour i checked all the leads sensor plugs ect i cant figure it out anyone have any ideas i might add that it was on gas and i had a full tank

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i went for a cruse up mt hothom today and for some strange reason the car would stall every time i went threw a right hand bend anywhere over 40 km per hour i checked all the leads sensor plugs ect i cant figure it out anyone have any ideas

It sounds like your car was starving for fuel on right handers. What was the fuel level at the time? You could have a problem with the fuel pick-up in the tank.

Another alternative is loose wiring connection to the fuel pump, which allows movement in right hand bends and breaks the circuit. Check fuel pump wiring circuit, starting at the pump connection on the tank and work forward.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I'd say loose electrical connection somewhere? Maybe? As soon as you said 'gas' I lost my train of thought.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'd say loose electrical connection somewhere? Maybe? As soon as you said 'gas' I lost my train of thought.

thanks but i just came back from the car and it dont seem to have any lose connections ill have another look when i go back out again i might have missed something

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
it was the cas the little notch on it to lock the plug onto it is gone so every time i went around a bend it would come off just enough to make it stall

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
good oh a win for a stalling VN/VP :)

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol i hope that was it i didn't have any issues today but it was normal straight road driving ill see tomorrow ill hit some roundabouts hard and find out :thumbsup:

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
it was defiantly the cas i put a mark on it today and hit a few roundabouts and sure enough it stalled again checked the mark the plug had moved out again

i just put a dob of silicon on it to keep it in place until i go get my spare cas of my other vp