Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A one stop shop that ships worldwide

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hi guys!

Just moved to a city where there is no holden dealer and i'm forced to order parts online. I cant seem to find one single shop that has all the following items and starting a new job by next week. I dont have the time to track multiple orders. Can anyone recommend me a shop that accepts bank drafts that ships holden spare parts worldwide? I'm currently in Malaysia and looking for these items to do these immediate repairs
1. Holden VX v6 s/c wheel hub bearing ABS both LHS and RHS
2. VX Swaybar link bush kits
3. OEM front brake pads
4. Belts (2 pcs)
5. Fuel filter
6. Power steering rack rebuild kit

Items # 3, 4 & 5 are routine maintennance, but i need to replace the wheel hub (grinding noise), swaybar links (clunking) and my power steering rack is leaking all over the driveway.

I drove 8hrs to reach the city to start a new job and this is the first challenge i face here. Thanks for anyone who can help!

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Why don't you contact a Holden dealer in AUS and ask them to freight it to you?

done that. waiting for replies. just hated to see my weekend having to clean up power steering fluid leaking all over the driveway

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
Over here in the Middle East, we get rebadged holden cars as chevrolet cars. We can find all the parts in cherolet/gmc spare parts store. Maybe you should try gmc shop.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Over here in the Middle East, we get rebadged holden cars as chevrolet cars. We can find all the parts in cherolet/gmc spare parts store. Maybe you should try gmc shop.

The GMC brand here is catering to the truck models and there is no early model chevrolet agents in the city either, so i am still stuck looking for a reliable workshop and good news from the spare parts shop all the way in Australia.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
The weekend has come and gone and didnt receive any news from the online shops. The car is currently on jack stands and this morning the mechanic CONFIRMED that there are no spare parts in stock in the whole of Sabah Malaysia for the Holden VX. I posted the list of wanted items in the 'Classifed' section and have to wait for the moderator's approval. My dilemma is that i have to drive back to Brunei from Sabah Malaysia (approx 450+km journey) but its impossible to do this without the repairs. And having to track several individual orders...
The beauty of the situation is that the Commodore has attracted a LOT of attention as its the only VX in the State, but its a shame its on car stands waiting for parts.

Can any member from the JC universe help me to locate ONE shop that can ship all these parts in a package asap to Sabah Malaysia? the steering rack, wheel hubs, stabilizer links and brake pads are critical for the car repair

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
If cash is not a problem why not order parts have a JC member pick them up and post them to you? As long as it costs me nothing I'd be happy to help.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
I'd go the Holden dealer route. Contact a dealer in Perth or Darwin and see if they'll courier (at your cost) the parts to you. You maybe surprised that you hit a service dept rep who has a heart and is happy to help the sole owner of a VX in Sabah....Good PR for them and Holden. Worth a try.

Good luck mate.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Hi guys!

Just moved to a city where there is no holden dealer and i'm forced to order parts online. I cant seem to find one single shop that has all the following items and starting a new job by next week. I dont have the time to track multiple orders. Can anyone recommend me a shop that accepts bank drafts that ships holden spare parts worldwide? I'm currently in Malaysia and looking for these items to do these immediate repairs
1. Holden VX v6 s/c wheel hub bearing ABS both LHS and RHS
2. VX Swaybar link bush kits
3. OEM front brake pads
4. Belts (2 pcs)
5. Fuel filter
6. Power steering rack rebuild kit

Items # 3, 4 & 5 are routine maintennance, but i need to replace the wheel hub (grinding noise), swaybar links (clunking) and my power steering rack is leaking all over the driveway.

I drove 8hrs to reach the city to start a new job and this is the first challenge i face here. Thanks for anyone who can help!

Try this Australian Website in QLD :- "CarsRus" they might be able to help you out here, have everything you will need & more - good supplier..

Last edited:

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Maybe you can find the parts on eBay?