Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a question for the calais enthusiasts

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
No, Never.

The only satin part of the door was the Handle, In which was alloy aswell. There were a vent released that was 'close' to Satin as well though.

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
i saw these the other day too and i know my calais (vz v6 with black interior to be scecific) does not have these the only satin chrome parts are inner door handles, handbrake, auto shifter, steering wheel inserts and around the guages on the dash/instrument cluster. personally after looking at these i would rather buy a can of holden quicksilver and spray my factory ones because thats all this guy has done...

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
haha yeah i thought so thats what it looks like.
i just thought if i could get my hands on some ones that arnt gonna flake n stuff it would be good.
ah well just gotta stick to the other ones.

cheers guys

SS Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
They look the goods but yeah, not sure how long the paint would last.

Just on a side note, I had my door trim off recently and can't find a way to get the door lock button to hold against the rod when putting it all back together, guy at the wreckers said that the red tab clips to the rod and holds the button in place. Mine won't seem to, any ideas?

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
They look the goods but yeah, not sure how long the paint would last.

Just on a side note, I had my door trim off recently and can't find a way to get the door lock button to hold against the rod when putting it all back together, guy at the wreckers said that the red tab clips to the rod and holds the button in place. Mine won't seem to, any ideas?

Make sure it is unlocked before you put it over the rod, By this the red tab should not be level with the door button itself. The red tab should be loose, Fit it over the rod and push it back in.

RE: Silver Door Locks

Any reason why people think this is cool at all? Why do you want to have 'Statement' Door locks, They are black for a reason. They aren't a 'Feature'. Personally, I think they look hideous - Talk about a color clash, Red and Silver...

Super6

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Make sure it is unlocked before you put it over the rod, By this the red tab should not be level with the door button itself. The red tab should be loose, Fit it over the rod and push it back in.

RE: Silver Door Locks

Any reason why people think this is cool at all? Why do you want to have 'Statement' Door locks, They are black for a reason. They aren't a 'Feature'. Personally, I think they look hideous - Talk about a color clash, Red and Silver...

Super6

yeah i do agree i dont like the red but im a sucka for chrome extras, got the pedals, chrome cluster surround, door handles, handbrake, gear shifter, steering wheel and i cant think of anything else lol.

its better than my old car (VS) when i painted everything i could take out black and chrome, looked wicked for the first month, then it flaked, peeled, faded and i regreted it lol, thats why i want genuine stuff now :p learnt my lesson

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
yeah i do agree i dont like the red but im a sucka for chrome extras, got the pedals, chrome cluster surround, door handles, handbrake, gear shifter, steering wheel and i cant think of anything else lol.

its better than my old car (VS) when i painted everything i could take out black and chrome, looked wicked for the first month, then it flaked, peeled, faded and i regreted it lol, thats why i want genuine stuff now :p learnt my lesson

Take note of the Phrase, "Just because you can, Doesn't mean you should" . Just my 2c.

Cheers.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I wouldn't trust them to stay silver too long if they are painted.
Personally prefer them to stay black.
Even the factory satin finish wears especially if watches, rings or any other jewellery comes in contact with it.
My mates WL statesman has heaps of wear and scratches around the gear shift and handbrake fro the previous owner who may have been a women and wore lots of rings.