Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A quick rant

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Sorry but I have had better weekends.

One thing that we tend to forget it that we drive in steel boxes that go well over 100km/h . One mod that every car should get is a first aid kit.

Endith the rant.

Mike

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Well I am curious... what happened?

C.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Agreed, but the first aid kit isn't much use if no one knows how to use it. I think all motorists should learn at least basic first aid skills.

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
Sashyre said:
Well I am curious... what happened?

C.

Yeah, I'm with Sash - You gotta say what happened to you now! :p ... <rant>Now we're getting trailers for forum posts...</rant> ;)

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Accident on the F3. I was the first car on the scene. Not much to say. I managed to tear my Achilles running for my first aid kit (smart no, ironic yes). It was a single car accident. Another bloke who was more qualified than me helped the occupant. I stood on the side of the road with a torch doing the abmulance dance.

I fully agree on the first aid training.

Mike

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
michaelw said:
Sorry but I have had better weekends.

One thing that we tend to forget it that we drive in steel boxes that go well over 100km/h . One mod that every car should get is a first aid kit.

Endith the rant.

Mike

I agree, as soon as i get my first car, the first thing i'm going to get for it is a first aid kit.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
It is pretty damned scary being the first car at an accident, its happened to me before at a fatal accident. I just wanted to mention something that I know not many people know about. When calling in an emergancy from a mobile there is another no. you can call, not just 000. Its 112 it's the international emergency no. When I tried calling for an ambulance in this situation I tried probably 4 or 5 times on the 000 and got no response. I tried the 112 no. and got through immediately. When I later asked why I was told because the phone coverage in the area was dodgy and all 000 calls go through the telstra network, whereas the 112 calls go through any available network. Not sure if this is still the case, I hope they have fixed this up.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I'm with Julie on this one - motorists should learn basic first aid. I did a senior first aid course a couple of months back, and despite the fact I have done one a few years ago it's amazing what you forget. Human life easily outweighs the cost of the course, and most employers will even pay for it.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Julie said:
[Snip] When I later asked why I was told because the phone coverage in the area was dodgy and all 000 calls go through the telstra network, whereas the 112 calls go through any available network. Not sure if this is still the case, I hope they have fixed this up.

Most new mobiles when you dial 000 it actually dials 112. 112 is the number to use as it will flag this call on any network as a priority call. Also dialing 112 on any phone should work even if the key lock is on.

Mike