Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Red Holden for the Red Dirt

Brayden Dewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Redline Ute, Manual 6.0
IMAG0270.jpg
2012 VE II SS-V Redline

Well, its not a show pony. Not full time, anyway. My Ute is my pride and joy, my weekend escape, my ticket around this beautiful country we call home.

I have lived most of my adult life on cattle stations, driving hundreds of dirt road kilometers each day. Or should I say Killermeters.. Outback Australia is Landcruiser country through and through, but in my eyes, there's only one real ute. One ute you can't find in any other country on earth, a native. The Holden V8, of course!

The opportunity arose about a year ago to own a bright red slice of Australiana, and it was impossible to resist. Not 2 days later, it had traveled the 2000km trip from Perth, WA, all the way north to Port Hedland.

Since then, the ute has traveled over 20 000km, and not daily driving! From the north to south of WA, Across the Nullabor, through SA and into the NT!

The red devil currently resides at a Camel farm at the base of Ayers Rock "Uluru", patiently waiting for the next adventure to come calling!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, that's a great photo

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Great stuff Brayden, the Redline would be soaking up those k's nicely.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Looks very nice and looking forward to seeing where you go with it.
And no doubt the kms add up out there. Its not until you've been out there that you can actually understand the enormity of the country and how vast the Outback is. Was up north in WA working and the distances between towns is huge, enough to cross half a dozen European countries in comparison.