Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A tale of two tuners

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Half hour on the dyno isn't really a custom tune there just isn't enough time other than to check the basics really. It sounds like they checked full power runs were ok and then left the PCM to sort out all the cruise areas which clearly were way out if the trims were maxed out and it was pinging.

I think you are spot on.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
who's tuner B

StreetTunerOREO.JPG
versus
d2e50b1427067cd42a43d56dc8809a26.jpg

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I can recommend Morpowa to everyone, tuned my DD l77 to 302rwkw, haven't had any problems, always willing to chat and give advice too

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
In your thread you seemed very happy with the performance of the car after it left Tuner A. And now very unhappy with them? On the positive side, at least you didnt go to another tuner in adelaide with 3 initials in their name!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
In your thread you seemed very happy with the performance of the car after it left Tuner A. And now very unhappy with them? On the positive side, at least you didnt go to another tuner in adelaide with 3 initials in their name!

Yes I was very happy. However, I had no comparison point apart from how the car drove before the SC going on. The new tune gives me that comparison point and the car is much better in terms of driveability and the pinging disappearing (which I was unaware of) has gone. At idle or WOT the first tune was okay apart from the odd surge backing off under moderate acceleration. I had no idea the surge was a product of the fuels trims confusing the pcm and causing it to pull timing then readjusting. In any event, I was perfectly happy with the fitment they did with the SC, it was only the tune that let the experience down. The car now doesn't surge or ping, accelerates consistently (the on off at moderate acc and deceleration is gone) under all throttle positions and puts out similar power and will be better for the motor. Excuse my ignorance about some of this and yes, the 3 letter one was never an alternative.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

Kindly Provide us with which Mechanic your talking about?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Are businesses that tune cars a protected species?
Why, when we compare Bridgestone to Pirelli/ Bilstein to KW/Manta to XForce etc. are we not naming names?
Heck, anyone can shitcan a business with a google review. At least when the comment comes from this forum, it's more than likely genuine, based on that persons experience.
I say name away, good bad or fugly....