Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A WB Ute called Mrs Marsh

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
G'day Ari, i know what you mean! Its got ported '883 heads, a moderate cam of unknown specs but as the rest of the engine is set up for gas i'm thinking its performance gas grind of some sort. Standard 4 barrel manifold with an Impco 425 straight gas carb and a Scorcher gas dizzy. Plus the pacemakers as well too. So plenty of room for improvement. A dual quad or tunnel ram will allow me to get the flow i need with two impco 425's. The '883 heads are usually crappy but its had the ports opened up a bit....i still think they need to go though. The power its putting out is about right for being on gas, but i want more (havn't we all heard that before). I think the big limiter on induction will be how far out the bonnet i can go, i don't mind a low bonnet scoop if i have too, but those tall things you see look dumb, and beside if you got it flaunt it.

You got any good suggestions for a manual gearbox Ari?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
You got any good suggestions for a manual gearbox Ari?

nah man, im still pretty new to the chevy scene. everything i have ever had any dealing with has been auto.

i cant seem to find 883. which one of these does it have?
headgide.gif

can find 882, or 993

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Ah sorry mate, '882 and '883 are the same apparently, can't remember the shape but will have another look tonight. I had the rocker covers off and found that the casting number ended in 883 which was new to me too, i hoped that they were something good and was dissappointed to find that they are the same construction as the 882 ie light weight smog head. I was planning to stay cast iron with the heads but may have to go alloy after all, although i have a line on a supercharged 4 bolt 350 at the moment which would be a more economical option....now if i just had some money, that'd be a big help LOL

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Yeah i was sad to see you have the mighty Impala up for sale :(

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Bloody hell i'm sorry to hear that, i guess you're "stuck" with it then!

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Evening all, well it was a day of mixed emotions today. A couple of local lads have bought Mrs Marsh and will be using her remains for spare parts to keep their beasts on the road. On the good side I got $600 for it and i have my driveway back :)

P1000564.jpg

Meanwhile Number 6 is sitting under a tarp at the moment, i picked up an Offenhauser 360 dual quad manifold for it so i can run two gas carbs. The 360 is a low rise manifold so the carbs won't stick too far out the bonnet and attract the coppers. I've run out of time to finish it so it will have to wait 6 months or so until i've moved into my new hose in Mudgee and set up the workshop there. That won't stop me from buying bits for it in the mean time though :)

Cheers

OD