Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've looked at a few yards now and I forgot just how scummy they are. Went to carcity the other day and had to argue with the guy to get a test drive after driving 40 minutes to get there. They are clueless as well, they didn't know **** about the cars.
Yep ... mate of mine once got into a nearly-heated near-argument because we were both so sick of dealer crap & they guy tried to tell this mate that the Cressida with the (straight-six) 7MGE had a "big V6 engine". We showed him the spark-plugs all lined up, the manifolds, the fact there was only one head - he wouldn't have a bar of it, it was a "V6 mate".

They're also generally pretty useless at doing business. I left a business card with the MrBishi dealer whose dealer-principal's 2.75yo Galant VR4 was coming up for sale in about 3 months, told them I'd buy it & how much I'd buy it for. 4 months later I was driving my new-to-me Liberty RS along the highway & there was the VR4 for sale on the yard, with an ask the same as I said I'd buy it for ...

If anyone is in the hills area Sydney and wants a beer, let me know. You have all been so helpful.
I may hold you to that ... I'll bring the Redline, you bring the brand-spankers (to you) manual Tourer! :D

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I went to drive a maloo gxp, told dealer I was not financially able to buy on phone. Got our car priced for trade in while he drove me to a cemetary and showed me over the car, then went on a test drive myself. The tonneau was worn he rolled it up to hang a dealer plate off the back and it rattled and swung in the breeze on 100kph roads the whole time asking me if I liked what I saw, like yeah maybe. He asks so what do we need to make this sale today, I'm like not today, "Lets get back and ask your partner". Get back writes up a contract for the advertised price says we can finance after, (wtf are you joking) manager comes out and both plead to tell me what I need of them to purchase today. Safe to say they pushed me away from a car i liked due to incompetence.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
:) Also, how much better is the VF interior over the E3? Any differences in mylink?

I also read somewhere that the sound system is significantly worse in the wagon?
My 2013 vf wagon is only an ssv but the stereo is the crappiest sounding of any car ive ever owned,sounds really rubbish,i realise it doesnt have a sub but even slightly better quality speakers would make it light years ahead of how it came stock.
So yes the wagon stereo(speakers) is ****.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 2013 vf wagon is only an ssv but the stereo is the crappiest sounding of any car ive ever owned,sounds really rubbish,i realise it doesnt have a sub but even slightly better quality speakers would make it light years ahead of how it came stock.
So yes the wagon stereo(speakers) is ****.
I agree it’s pretty bad, but I’ve had a few rentals in recent years & they’ve all been just as bad. Koleos (which had BOSE written all over it), ASX, mid-spec Camry, mid-spec Corolla, diesel Jag XE, mid-spec Golf, mid-spec Astra wagon. All basically pretty awful. Mind you, I didn’t notice the same reduction in sound-quality over Bluetooth in the two cars I had the longest (the Golf & XE) as I get in the Commodore.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Checking the standard equipment list in RedBook, the R8 Tourer lists the ICE as 6-speaker (same description as the SSV Redline wagon) and the R8 list the ICE as 9-speaker (same as the SSV Redline sedan). Mesuspects the speakers are the same not-so-hotness.

If our wagon were my daily rather than the better-half’s daily, I’d replace the existing speakers with some reasonable splits & use the copious under-front-seat room to fit some under-seat subs. And stick with the MyLink head-unit.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a difference btn stereo from VF Wagon and VF Clubsport Wagon Milo?
Tbh mate i dont know,you would hope so.
I would have loved a clubby wagon!
Im looking into getting speaker spacers and some decent speakers to fit in the factory location some time in the future,i dont drive my wagon often,maybe once a week so its not a huge issue,it will happen one day:)

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree it’s pretty bad, but I’ve had a few rentals in recent years & they’ve all been just as bad. Koleos (which had BOSE written all over it), ASX, mid-spec Camry, mid-spec Corolla, diesel Jag XE, mid-spec Golf, mid-spec Astra wagon. All basically pretty awful. Mind you, I didn’t notice the same reduction in sound-quality over Bluetooth in the two cars I had the longest (the Golf & XE) as I get in the Commodore.
My daily is a 2008 bf xr6 sedan and the premium sound absolutely kills the newer vf,sounds so much better even for a scabby old 2008 factory bf stereo lol,kind of sad tbh,not really a good comparison i know,even the wifes 2017 dmax dual cab stereo is better.
Its not the end of the world,few hundred $$$$$$ and a few hours time will sort it out,i have to be super keen and in the right mindset to mess with car stereos,they can be a big pita.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: