Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Obviously, traffic is down

Is it though, I've seen lots more first time posters recently, than in my other time here.

re your points

1) It's not just about new traffic, but the current database of useful info and threads. Despite your wishes expressed elsewhere, VE and VF (and especially ZB) are not identical, so having separate areas one click apart keeps people's area of interest all in one place. Having to wade through lots of VE thread for that one bit of VF info would be a pain.

3) Youtube thread is for random $hit. No-one seems to mind a useful/interesting video having its own thread and discussion.

4) Yep, but the profile/showcase does this already, if someone is so inclined. Otherwise popular/active threads stay near the top anyway

6) Yeah no. Enough commodore (or even wider holden) enthusiasts to keep it focussed.

Mostly, I think you underestimate:
  1. the ability for people to find things. The number of necro thread digs shows the search function works well.
  2. and their attention spans - you're proposing changes that don't decrease click through requirements (front page -> specific model forum vs front page -> grouped models) for no stated benefit

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Mostly, I think you don't grasp the reasons why Facebook, Reddit are dominating the internet.

You seriously think this forum is trying to be reddit or facebook? Lots of people are here precisely because it isn't those.
Focus vs breadth

The latest post menu is literally the second thing down on the right, consolidating all updates in all areas.
All sub-forums are ordered by date, so old/defunct ones automatically fall down the list.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I use reddit and I can see the Holden subreddit getting more and more traction.

So you are suggesting a website model where all info is one giant list, that albeit is searchable, is only ranked by either date or popularity?
How is that useful to find specific info, vs "be entertained"?

You simply don't understand the logistics of what it takes to make a website like this possible.

How do you know that? You keep saying I don't under stand things without actually responding to my points with counterpoints of your own.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: