Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Spot on @Fu Manchu you try and cater for the lowest common denominator but somehow you need to reach lower than that.

I am of the belief people are too lazy to read simple as that, amount of threads us mods move on a daily basis is just insane hence why sections are moderated so posts don't appear until approved as it happens time and time again.

On the contact us section it specifically states use the forum for technical questions yet I reckon I see 2-3 a day then don't even get me started on the how do I post questions, this is in the welcome email and again caters for up to 5 emails a day.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m shocked.

Well, I’m not that shocked.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was having a quick look around and noticed that a lot of users are posting a question in their profile without making any posts on the forum message boards and people are rarely posting a response to their questions and then the user never posts again on the site.

Might be a good idea to figure out how to stop that happening because it seems like a lot of users are thinking that no one is bothered to help them and then never coming back again.

Have you noticed the number of first time users that post once on the forum, get a response and are never seen again? That is after the response, but alot as soon as the post is lodged.....

You've just got to click on their name and it shows when they were last active..

To me, they actually aren't after answers....Just wasting time, because they are bored or think this is facebook, where alot of people are browsing 24/7

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
1607468727495.gif

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Are you offering Subju? :D

Doing these repairs on broken links reminded me of a few things people don't like using and one of those is the search feature, back in the day sure it was rubbish but has vastly improved since how many different threads do we need on a particular topic.

This one just popped up in a report that is needing some TLC

Powertrain Warning Light

I often laugh in the thread reply email it says 'Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.', yep you guessed it many reply.

1607470057926.png

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I was having a quick look around and noticed that a lot of users are posting a question in their profile without making any posts on the forum message boards and people are rarely posting a response to their questions and then the user never posts again on the site.

Might be a good idea to figure out how to stop that happening because it seems like a lot of users are thinking that no one is bothered to help them and then never coming back again.

I noticed the same, and wondered why they havent had a reply,
Or
They have just disapeared in the sunset,
or
They think they will get a reply/answer straightaway, and think there are people sitting there ready to anser their questions,
I can understand they may be stuck in the middle of doing something to their car, but not everyone are at the PC's everyday, except if you are semi retired or similar.

Some of the members havent been on for years, you see this when a old thread it revisited, and the date when it was last active was years prior, they can be interesting reading.

Also, I think it should be a requirement to provide a members REAL location, suburbs and/or Post Codes,
not a stupid location/answer.
And only Members can see their location/s, not general visitors.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: