Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Abandoned Hospitals And Warehouses ect

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
we have some places in perth that are supposed to be haunted. fremantle arts center was a old mental hospital and the old york hospital is another notorious haunting. it was a old hospital and back in the 1800's a matron was supposed to have been raped and killed herself shortly after, and now it's said that you can hear the matron crying and wailing from upstairs and long slow footsteps along the upper ward and the smell of rotting flesh hangs about. some people have seen the matron looking at them through windows and even apparitions of the ghost. it was a summer camp/hostel back in the 80's and 90's so naturally lots of people have claimed to have seen/felt something strage. but it's a private house now, they even made a doco about it and there is lots of info on the net about it if you google it.

I used to live in wollongong and I think there is supposed to be a haunted coal mine/cemetery up at mt keira somewhere.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
not much left of morriset mental hospital. last time i was there we ran down the main hallway at night screaming our heads off. It was going fine untill we hurd someone still running even tho we were standing still..
We ran back to our 4x4 and drove that quick out of there ahah bit many solit objects that night on the way out
was a little like this
1123_2lo.jpg

i live near a place called Catherine hill bay. Catho as its called.. is a beach community that is still known for it old coal loading station and coal mines
The village was apparently named after a ship that sank here in 1867. Today there are the wrecks of a number of ships in the bay, including the SS Wallarah, the Lubra and the Shamrock.
The Wallarah Collery closed down in the 2000s and was " Sealed " in 2005 and abandoned. A the coal is still burning to this day in the main shaft deep down
I have been there again recently and is no longer sealed. Gates have rusted away and all the holes in the fences makes it easy to access. Most the doors to the underground offices are new been smashed down and if you dare to go inside. I have been inside with mates and its not a good place to be without a site map lets put it that way. Pretty awesome place alot of hazards i warn you
You can google map to get a better idear :)

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
yea morriset mental hospital is very ran down now, but still good to go camp there overnight, the eerie feeling is still there though haha.

i never though about coal mines but now that i think about it, back in the day im sure alot of workers lost their lives down there

either way got some good feedback so keep it coming. its making me keen to go exploring haha

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
How did you get in, through the portal?

I wouldn't be too keen on going underground there with no ventilation, a heating going on somewhere underground, and no maintentance/rehab of ground support. And I'm a mining engineer!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Just be careful, gain consent to enter the property first. you can be done for burglary, thieves target these places for copper etc.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
i live near a place called Catherine hill bay. Catho as its called.. is a beach community that is still known for it old coal loading station and coal mines
The village was apparently named after a ship that sank here in 1867. Today there are the wrecks of a number of ships in the bay, including the SS Wallarah, the Lubra and the Shamrock.

Great pub the Catho pub. Had a few pints (schooners) there. Even though i was an out of towner the patrons were friendly people. When i was there last i forgot to get a picture of the insignia on the footpath outside (being a Harley bloke ;) ).

I understand there are also a few off-road tracks around the Morriset Hospital.

Haunted places here in S.A, we have the old Glenside Hospital that was know for it's suicides. Also the monk temple in the Eastern Foothills. The Mushroom Tunnel and Quarries at Sleeps Hill. And of course the Adelaide Gaol and it's catacomb of tunnels that run underneath the Adelaide CBD.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Great pub the Catho pub. Had a few pints (schooners) there. Even though i was an out of towner the patrons were friendly people. When i was there last i forgot to get a picture of the insignia on the footpath outside (being a Harley bloke ;) ).

I understand there are also a few off-road tracks around the Morriset

Haunted places here in S.A, we have the old Glenside Hospital that was know for it's suicides. Also the monk temple in the Eastern Foothills. The Mushroom Tunnel and Quarries at Sleeps Hill. And of course the Adelaide Gaol and it's catacomb of tunnels that run underneath the Adelaide CBD.

Yeah good Feed at that pub as well normally a good Sunday arvo there

Masterofreality: yeah it's not the best place to be. We never went to the shaft itself only around where the trucks use to drive underground and coal loading stations/offices/workshops had strong flow of air as it would run from the loading station from the sea up and in. scary place it's a one time only thing. was glad to get out ahah

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If I was a ghost and they built a tourist industry around me, I'd move :D

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Quarantine station at manly, rozelle mental hosp , Monty cristo