Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abc Tv Now

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
7:30 report- piece on the VE and current fuel climate on shortly

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Bugger all really. Some good shots of the VE and the production line.

Basic article was about a car that was conceived 7 yrs ago, signed off in 2003 when oil was $25 per barrel.

Oil price has now tripled - so a case of bad timing and make or break for big cars.

A dude from the CSIRO talked about and eCommodore that was looking at bio fuels - project got canned early on in the piece.

Apparently Toyota launched it's new Camry today (didn't know that...yawn).

Sentimients along the lines that Aussies will always like thier big cars for towing and families etc.

So the debate and uncertainty lingers on...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I just watched it... Loved the footage of the VE's... Didnt like the scientist from the CSIRO goin on about the ECOmmodore tho...guy was a dick.

V6 Commodores will live on. And as for the comments about us envying the days fuel was under $2 a litre in a few years... what crap.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
did they show much of the production line? I was told by someone at work that something would be on T.V. sometime showing a bit about the production of the car. In particular ASRS (Automatic sort and Retrieval System I think?).

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
drewins said:
did they show much of the production line? I was told by someone at work that something would be on T.V. sometime showing a bit about the production of the car. In particular ASRS (Automatic sort and Retrieval System I think?).

A fair bit - not sure what ASRS is though. As you work for them - you might want to see if you can get a copy as you may see your smiling face.

From memeory - many of the production line shots where fast forward type speed.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
did they show a storage shed? where a machine comes and picks the cars up? The cameras wouldnt come into my plant just the assembly plant.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Mate - I can't honestly remember as that sort of detail would not have been what I was absorbing at the time.

I've surfed the ABC website to see if the clip is available - might want to contact them directly

Cheers

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Nah doesnt really matter I just wanted to know If I missed something but doesnt matter. cheers anyway

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
MODS - you can kill this thread now

Cheers