Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abnormal tyre wear on VZ wagon

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Guys I'm having some abnormal tyre wear to the rear left wheel only, this set of tyres (Firestones) have only travelled 11,000km I was expecting an amount of wear on the inside as the car is lowered and this what happens at the rear right position, but as you can see from the pictures this is wearing all over the place, 10 months ago when I replaced the previous set of tyres it was due to a blow out at the rear left position. So it seems this position is running hotter than the others as what attracted my attention to the slick tyre was all the bits of rubber stuck to my boot like tar spots.

Has anyone else experienced this?

eqegynuj.jpg

ygumybuz.jpg

uragequz.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
get a four wheel, wheel alignment

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You usually see this on front tyres when the front end is flogged out and needs a rebuild, it must be terrible to drive. Its probably also got worn suspension bushes..As above, get it checked and aligned.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Yeah I'll be getting into the tyre joint tomorrow, I thought it would probably be bushes or something like that, sucks considering the car has only done 62k from new.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
You usually see this on front tyres when the front end is flogged out and needs a rebuild, it must be terrible to drive. Its probably also got worn suspension bushes..As above, get it checked and aligned.

It is shall we say 'different' to drive I had posted a fair while back asking for help as it does suffer with terrible tram lining and seems to get knocked off line pretty easily.

fangios

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina wagon / SV6 sportwagon SII
Def not normal with only 62k on the clock. Maybe the car has been in an accident at some stage because that tyre is scrubbing really badly.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
looks like excessive camber. all commodores suffer from it on the rear to a varied extent. possibly with toe out as well as it seems like it is getting hot as you say.

wheel alignment would be the first place to start.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I've never had a four-wheel alignment, in 40 years of owning cars.
But I'll be getting one before my next trip away, as the rear tyres on my VE are wearing unevenly - the greater wear being on the inside, on both sides.
I've been told that this is an issue with the recent series of Commodores, because of the Independent Rear Suspension.
I was surprised to discover that the best price I can get locally is $49 for a front end only, and $69 for all four wheels.