Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

About engine upgrade, ve sv6

Madbike

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm VE SV6 2007
hellp professional guys,
Ve sv6 with mods of course,
I know myself is stupid question to ask,

But I just want know is there EXTRA MODS or UPGRADING engine little more run on road more power?

(Not about supercharged or turbo please).

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
U might wanna start with what you’ve done so far so we can suggest what to do next mate

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Wbat is X2?
Where the hell can i find in nsw holden upgrade shop example head unit,some parts...

Means seconded. As in seconded that you list whatever "with mods of course" means.

Head unit, literally go to whatever place sells them at the shops.
Not much in the way of "upgrade shops" (whatever that is) for the Alloytec. Maybe start with specifically what you're looking for? What do you mean by "extra mods" or "upgrading"? Like you're not going to go to a performance shop and say "how much is more mods please?".

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Means seconded. As in seconded that you list whatever "with mods of course" means.

Head unit, literally go to whatever place sells them at the shops.
Not much in the way of "upgrade shops" (whatever that is) for the Alloytec. Maybe start with specifically what you're looking for? What do you mean by "extra mods" or "upgrading"? Like you're not going to go to a performance shop and say "how much is more mods please?".
Umm, I suspect this thread started from "schools being closed at the moment".

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
hellp professional guys,
Ve sv6 with mods of course,
I know myself is stupid question to ask,

But I just want know is there EXTRA MODS or UPGRADING engine little more run on road more power?

(Not about supercharged or turbo please).
For one, What mods?

For another, what engine? Is it an LY7? LLT? LFX?

Personally if you've done cams, valve springs, IM/TB spacers, OTR, long tube headers and a tune, you've done all you really can do NA wise to make more power from the HFV6. Most of your big power builds which require forged internals are FI, and even then, they don't make much more than a well tuned SS... And not to mention there's a torque limit on the AY6 gearbox.

That's not to say it isn't worth it. I'd say it is. V6s really need more love. That's why I'm working on a few things for mine.