Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

about MAGS...

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
so i need new wheels n decided to get my mags to save time.. but i cant decide what i want!! i THINK i want chrome but theres so much to choose from its giving me a headache!! then do i want 17s or 18s??? somebody give me some thoughts to make it easier.. PLEASE!! :bang:

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Heya stylin_vr2 , rims come down to personal taste. But in answer to ur questions, firstly, chrome rims have been overdone and IMO only look good on a dark blue or black commy and, I would definately go the 18's. When I was lookin to upgrade my rims, which i still am, I was giving strong thought to either the Advanti Moda, or Koya's Inox-1 ... just do a google image search to sus these out. Hope this helps. :)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
swing into a couple of local tire shops and ask them for some rim brochures [ spelling? ]

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I would go for something you can afford, remember 18' tyres are dearer then 17's. And chrome, no thank you, I prefer shadow chrome, they look good at night. Really its your choice at the end of the day.;)

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
shadow chromes been thrown around me a lot lately.. neva thought of the chrome not lookin so good on lighter colours.. guess when u see em on black cars n notice how hot they are u get it in ya head itll look hot on urs.. ye i did a bit of research today (hard 2 do when u got no idea where any tyre places are in melb!!) n the price diff for an inch is insane! think im gonna go wif 17s just cuz my bank hates me and cuz im young insurance company hates me 2! grr!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
hey mate...i think you should wait up and save and buy they 18's...honestly 17's on a commy looks way to small. as everyone else has said...what rim you actually want comes down to personal taste...dont forget tyres. where in melbourne are you located...there are a crap load of places to go to. just to name one place which has many locations...try "The Tyre Factory". Also keep in mind when asking for prices...that you are a girl and places do tend to somehow include a higher price for females so you might want to take a guy with you that has a bit of an idea whether it may be your dad, brother, uncle, boyfriend whoever...just a guy...

Cheers, Joe