Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

about ready to hit somthing, oil temp gauge still screwey

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the gauges are mounted in the center upright, just above the stereo, i did what immortality suggested last night and cleaned all the earth points i could find and that made a huge differance!! on the weekend ill pull out tthe consol and clean and re ground the gauges and hopfully that will kill the last little bit of movement in the needle, i feel like a total dork for not trying this sooner!

i bought from repco a gold termanal (negative) and a brand new 4gauge earth wire with brass connecters, aswell as re doing the other wire to the terminal with a gold ring connecter, i also cleaned the earth point on the chasis and its made a huge differance, hopfull bu sat afternoon ill have them all sorted!! and if theres still an issue with the gauge moving ill just run it to the bat but as you said thats a last resort

good stuff.

how long does it take you to get from rotorua (say, the luge) to manukau/auckland

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
depends on the traffic and driving style but i can do it between 2hours and 2 and a half

3hours to do it leisurly lol

so yea id say 2and a half hours

whys that mate?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
did it in 2 with plenty of traffic. wonder how long it would take me to get to wellington?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
hahahaha well its brob 7and a half but i could do it in 6, so id say u could do it in 6and a half lol

did you just drive down or somthing?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
if you do it at night you can get to auckland under 2hours, 145 isnt hard