Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

About to drive from Syndey to Brisbane and back again..........

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
and CHECK YOUR BLOODY TRANSMISSION FLUID...
it should be pink, if its not, then dont even think about driving it

mine used to take a while to get in reverse while cold, and wouldnt change gears properly till warm, and one day i lost 4th gear, then 3rd the next day, then 2nd a day later, and 1st on the way to my mates workshop

prettymuch was on its way out after 283000k's

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
and CHECK YOUR BLOODY TRANSMISSION FLUID...
it should be pink, if its not, then dont even think about driving it

mine used to take a while to get in reverse while cold, and wouldnt change gears properly till warm, and one day i lost 4th gear, then 3rd the next day, then 2nd a day later, and 1st on the way to my mates workshop

prettymuch was on its way out after 283000k's

My old VR Berlina had 179000 k's when I bought it and it was slow to engage first after reversing from my garage.

I changed the trans oil and filter every 20,000 k's, didn't abuse it, though it was used to tow occasionally, and when I sold the car at 335,000 k's, it was still running ok. The slow selection remained but never deteriorated in the four years I had the car.

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
My old VR Berlina had 179000 k's when I bought it and it was slow to engage first after reversing from my garage.

I changed the trans oil and filter every 20,000 k's, didn't abuse it, though it was used to tow occasionally, and when I sold the car at 335,000 k's, it was still running ok. The slow selection remained but never deteriorated in the four years I had the car.

i forgot to mention that me, and the pensioner owner before me abused it a fair bit, a few stationary rotating wheels here and there :whistling, also i recently found out he only changed the trans fluid 3 times durring the cars life...:bang:

point being calaber is right, look after it, dont fang it too much and it;ll last a long time